Feather River doors Complaint - Feather River Door
Three Feather River Doors were bought from Home Depot. The double doors had the following discrepancies:
1) Sill plates - screws were high, sill plate not level.
2)Astral strip locks: one missing grommets. Unable to move top and bottom locks without using a screwdriver and plenty of force.
3) corner seal pads not installed.
4) Sill squeaked when walked on
5) a 3/8 x3/8 hole in the bottom area where the doors met.
6) movable door - bowed, did not seal at the weatherstrip.
7) Sealant not removed from picture frame at glass.
8) movable door - bottom weatherstrip came off.
9) Astral strip not finished by manufacturer. Does not match door finish.
10) Routing of hinges in door and door frame inadequate to allow hinge to seat completely.
11) The Home Depot installation resulted in: Unit was not square, unit was not plumb, not properly shimmed,
1)mini blind does not retract when it is < 32 degree F.
2) Three hinges had four of the 12 screws missing.
3)Picture frame was white, but door is off white.
4)1/4 to 3/8" gap at top of door.
5) Installation was not square. Adjustable rail and sweep not installed properly.
Home Depot and Feather River replaced the double doors and realigned the single door. The single door miniblind failure to retract just started - time to talk to Feather River again-argh.
Overall poor quality from FR and sloppy installation from Home Depot.
I would never recommend Feather River to anyone...a considerable amount of time and effort was spent with FR and Home Depot to get the doors replaced, reinstalled and fixed properly. Spend a few more dollars and buy elsewhere. Feather River warranty claim # 563301.
More Reviews on Feather River doors: