Guitar Center - Overland Park Informative - Rip off Artist - ESP M-II
I went to GC in Overland Park, KS on 1/2/10 to look at trading in my ESP M-II (Japan authentic ESP) and here is my experience.
1. I went into the store with my ESP and Case, told the guy at the counter that I was looking to trade it in on a Gibson. He tagged it and told me to go to the guitar counter
2. Talked a little bit to the Kid( a lot younger then and I am 39)) and he took it to someone else)
3. Next it was but 15 minutes of looking and calling people to look at it. The originally thought it was a LTD with the ESP name on it, Not true it was a true ESP M-II model in pretty much pristine condition.
4. After the 15 minute lag in time, and looking at the gibson guitars, they came back and said they could offer me 300 dollars.
well here is what went through my head.
1. They didn't know anything about the guitar, what type of pickups or anything about it (they are a guitar center correct. Strike one.
2. Next they said they might be able to sell it for about 400 dollars. and they looked on Ebay and said it was being sold for 600. (Lie number 2)
well after you pretty much try to snow a musician with 35 years of experience you get a pretty bad taste in your mouth. I have been a music teacher and a musician for 20 years professionally. I was not trying to give them a bad guitar it has simply gotten to heavy of a guitar for my liking, it's hard to play with a Chrysler around your neck for 2 hours. I want something lighter.
Well, I have to honestly say I am going to steer all of my students and anyone I know away from those rip off artist. 1, these people don't know guitars, and I looked on Ebay before I went and after I left the store for the guitar they were talking about on Ebay and well apparently they can't read either the 600 dollars was actually 750 GBP if I'm not mistaken isn't that british money American is was around 1200 dollars. I payed 1700 for mine new 3 years ago.
My advise to anyone reading this if you are a true musician do your homework on the company ask them questions only guitar players would know. they should never have to go back and look something up to tell you about it, A good companies sales person will know the product, the competition and be very knowledgeable. These jokers are simply not honest with their customers, I would tell anyone looking if your looking for a guitar go to someone who know's guitars and that would be anyone other then Guitar center.