Whirlpool Duet Dryer Started My Clothes On Fire
Today I had the shock of my life, my Whirlpool dryer (about one year old) set the load of clothes in it on fire. I couldn't believe it, the dryer was turned off and had been turned off for almost two hours when the fire broke out. The clothes were destroyed and the towel at the bottom of the load was totally ruined with burn marks...I am not talking about small burn marks, the towel was burned through and several items of clothing on top of it was burned as well. My grandson has asthma and he was here and could not breath from the fumes and this thing was so hot it seared my throat and burned my eyes when I opened it. We had to take the clothes outside and hose them off to stop the fire as they were smoldering so badly. I have pictures of the clothing and someone will be out to look at the dryer tomorrow but I do not care, it is out of here. I will not put my family in danger with this fire hazard again, it is gone tomorrow..period. Please be aware this machine is a total fire hazard and I just am very thankful I was here when the fire started or I may not have a home tonight.
More Reviews on Whirlpool Duet Dryer: