Key Bank USA Complaint - Customer service
OLYMPIA, WASHINGTON -- Key bank charged my daughter account inactivity fees without our consent. We have this Key Bank checking account for over 3 years. My daughter uses this account to get cash for the minor expense. My daughter hardly took money out because she does not need to. There are no account inactivity fee until around April of 2009. The Key bank kept charging monthly us inactivity fees since April except last two months(because we have account activities)
They said they sent the disclosure statement for fee structures and monthly statements. We did not receive the statements or disclosure statement for fee change. Some how the Key Bank mailing system screw up and they did not send us any communication or statement. Until today, we still not receive the statements.
So I went to Olympia, WA branch talked to my concerns around 12/27/09, the customer service manager told me nothing she could do about. I talked to her since she did not able to help me. I requested her branch manager. She said he is on vacation and will ask him to call me 1/12/10. I waited for his phone call. I did not get the call. So I went to the Olympia bank and she still intimidated me and went around not going to refund the inactivity fees.
My analysis and conclusion:
1.They are not interesting to learn why the customer did not receive the statement and correct. If I am a Key Bank employee, my take will be how to correct this problem(not getting statement) from the customer, so I can report it to the system office to correct. In the end Key Bank will solve future problems like this.
2. They are instructed not to refund any fees.
3. The customer service manager does not know every details. She gave me wrong information and kept explaining to me dormant fee which is totally different. I told her to pull the fee. the paper has no inactivity fees.
4. They don't follow up (manager never call me back as they promised).
5. Robbing money from the student account. I have no problem with charging fee. but you have to disclosure what you going to charge. Do not assume everyone will receive the letter. This is stealing or robbing without consent. I am not sure other banks also.
6. After I raised the issue, it seems like they want me to close the account.
I hope Key Bank CEO or customer service read this review.
I am very unhappy that they rob our money.
I am very sad that the reputable company will do such a thing and not care for the customers.
I don't have power to fight except to close the account.
More Reviews on Key Bank USA: