DirecTV Inc Complaint - Overcharges, broken equipment
I do NOT recommend DirectTV if I had it to do over again I would not sign a contract with these people.
List of problems:
1. Overcharges -- double charges for Showtime & HBO when I hadn't signed up for either services. They were only going to remove charges for the last 60 days because it was my responsibility to check monthly and make sure they were charging the agreed to amount.
2. 2 broken receivers, which means no cable. Here's the kicker if though it is their product that breaks down no fault of you, customer pays shipping. First time I paid for service for the days I didn't have cable, this time I got them to credit my account for lost time. The first time it broke they assumed it was the remote so first they tried replacing the remote . . . about a month into service I finally got cable.
3. Watcha the promises they make when trying to get you to sign a contact they will say whatever it takes and then not follow through. I told them no HBO or Showtime and I did not want to have to call & cancel after three months, I was told no problem, only to find out they added it and started charging my account.
4. Not if you Google DirectTV call the number so sign up, it might be a 3rd party so DirectTV will take no responsibility for the false promises.
5. The dish does not work during big snowstorms & blizzards, so those days you get off work because of a blizzard your cable won't work. Nobody tells you this.
Note, by many people I've been told I have infinite patience, but really DirectTV has warn my last nerve. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICES!
More Reviews on DirecTV Inc: