FloristExpress.net Complaint - FloralExpress' 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - NOT!!
OLD SAYBROOK, CONNECTICUT -- The Facts:
1. Place order on 2/13/2010 for delivery to funeral home on 2/15.
2. Received order confirmation.
3. Attended visitation at funeral home on 2/15 - no flowers - wife and I are upset.
4. Called FloralExpress around 8:30 pm - helpful, but no info available. Tell us to call back at 8:00am.
5. Called FloralExpress around 8:00 am. Person could not find the order - accused us of calling the wrong florist. After some persistence, order was located, but they still didn't know what happened but they were "on the phone" with the florist. We had to hang up the land line and call back on a cell phone since we had to leave for the funeral.
6. Called back and found out that the florist never retrieved the order [?did not read their email?]. Supposedly they would deliver flowers [NOT what we ordered - they did not have that] to the funeral home before 10:00am. It was not possible to verify since we did not have a clue what they looked like and we were not in a position to perform a 'complete floral inspection'.
The 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
7. Placed a call to FloralExpress after the funeral. After a discussion with their representative [who said that they could only 'ask their supervisor questions' - could/would not connect me to anyone else] we agreed on the following:
a. They failed to deliver when they promised to deliver.
b. They failed to deliver what they promised to deliver.
c. They would not deliver 100% satisfaction [They did offer to refund the $17.99 'standard delivery fee' and give me a $20 coupon that would afford them the opportunity to screw up another order if I should decide to collect]. All of these "wonderful things" were their answer to make up for them totally messing up my $100+ order, causing immense grief and frustration during a difficult time, having to make 3 phone calls, being tortured with numerous sales pitches while being on hold several times to discuss their problem, and dealing with their unwillingness to take total responsibility for the problems that occurred.
There is no doubt in my mind that the "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" is 100% false advertising.