GMAC Mortgage Complaint - GMAC Mortgage
Over the last several months my husband and I have been trying to work with GMAC Mortgage to save our home. I am unemployed and my husband is self employed and as many others have....we too have fallen on hard times. I wanted to share with you my horrible ordeal . The easiest way to do this would be a time line.
In September 2009 I contacted GMAC to explain my hardship. They were kind enough to give us a 4 month forbearance taking us through December 09. (We truly appreciated this. I had hopes that within the next 4 months our business would pick up and I would be able to find a job. Unfortunately this did not happen)
December 22, 2009 we received a letter from Orlans/Moran (GMAC's Attorney's) stating that our Mortgage was in default and that we needed to contact GMAC to make some kind of arrangements. I contacted GMAC immediately and asked what the process would be. They stated to submit paper work for a Loan Modification..
January 11, 2010 all necessary paper work including a financial analysis for loss mitigation workout, a financial hardship affidavit, request for transcript of tax returns, bank statements and the source of income (which was Massachusetts Unemployment) was faxed. I called and confirmed that they received all paper work.
On January 21, 2010 we were sent by certified mail a Notice of Intention to foreclose on Tuesday, February 16, 2010.
January 22, 2010 I contacted both GMAC and Orlans/Moran (GMAC's Attorney's) to see how I could stop this from happening. Both parties told me two things - That I needed to contact the Loss Mitigation department (which I had already done) and that if we called on Thursday, February 11, 2010 (5 days prior to the auction date) and not any earlier we could ask to postpone the auction. At this point I had high hopes of delaying the auction and saving our home because of the Hope for Homeowners and/or a Loan Modification.
January 26, 2010 I contacted GMAC to see what the Status of the Loan Modification was. They said it was still in review.
February 3, 2010 I was sent a letter regarding some additional documentation they needed. They were missing a copy of the most recent pay stub (which I had sent them already), Unemployment award letter and 2008 Taxes (which again...I had already sent them.)
February 8, 2010 called to see if there was any update on the loan modification and to explain that we maybe filing for Bankruptcy. Nothing at this point. Instructed at this time to call on Thursday, February 11th to ask to postpone the auction as instructed.
February 11, 2010 I called to asked to have the auction postponed. A ticket was entered. I instructed the gentlemen to make sure that they called me on my cell if they had any questions or need anything. I was adamant about it! I also asked them to put in the notes that I was very very close to getting a job....I am on the 3rd round of interviews and all I was asking was for a couple of weeks to see if I got the job. They told me that they would document that.
February 11, 2010 - At 2:00 Eastern time I received a call from a woman named Maureen who asked me to give her a call. It was late that evening and I had to wait until the morning to contact her.
February 12, 2010 - Called Maureen around 10 AM regarding message left the night prior. (888-714-4622, option #5 and extension - 2365415) I left all the information needed for her to get back in touch with me including my cell phone. About an hour later I tried calling Maureen back and still got voicemail. I finally called the regular call center in which I was told that the request had been denied due to missing documentation. The documentation stated that they did not have the signed 2008 tax form which I had already faxed over twice before. Very upset I stated that I would send the information right way. The representative told me that the fax could take up 24 to 48 hrs to receive and once received I could ask for the auction to be postponed. 24 to 48 business hours would bring us to TUESDAY! This was unacceptable to me and demanded a different solution...she gave me an emergency fax line. (866-355-6034) I still wanted to talk with Maureen who I was told was a supervisor....I called and left a total of 6 message throughout the day asking Maureen to contact me. I begged her to just call me and update me as to where I stood. I never received a phone call from her. I called the call center at least 5 to 6 different times demanding to speak with a supervisor....NO ONE would put me through to one. Everyone told me that they would need to enter a ticket for a call back and I would be contacted within 24 to 48 hours! WHAT!!! I was so upset...all I was looking for was answers....all I wanted was for someone to "own" my file so I did not have to speak with 7-8 different representatives who I had to repeat my story to 7-8 different times. Finally at 4:33 while speaking with a woman I was told that my fax was received, that a request to have the auction postponed was submitted once again and I was insured that I would be contacted by a supervisor that evening before closing. I waited all night...NO ONE called.
February 15, 2010 - first thing in the morning I called Maureen and left a message on her voicemail and then I called the call center...at which time I was informed that I would not be granted the postponement of the auction because I was denied for both the Hope for Homeowners and a Traditional Modification because I could not afford to pay the mortgage. I am sure you can imagine how upset I was/am. I tried to explain to the representative that all I am asking for is a couple of weeks to postpone the sale. That I have a 3rd round job interview this week that if I get the job would allow me to pay my mortgage and get me on my feet again. I asked why a supervisor never contacted me and they stated that their was a ticket still open for one to call and I told them it was unacceptable. I told the gentleman that I would not get off the phone until I was talked with a supervisor. The gentleman came back 3 times and told me that there was no one to speak with...but I told him I was not going to get off the phone...finally they placed me with Stacey. (3192365865) I explained to Stacy what I had gone through over the last couple of days, I explained to her how many calls I had placed to Maureen, I explained to her my situation with my employment and that all I needed was 2 weeks to find out if I got the job. All I was asking was for 2 weeks. The answer was no.
At this time Ms. Slack we truly feel that GMAC has intentionally deceived us for the following reason:
They knew that we might file Chapter 13 Bankruptcy which would immediately hault any foreclosure or auction process.
We feel that they intentionally delayed our request to speak with a superior so we could not escalate the situation. We were adamant that my cell phone number be the only contact number and we also stated not to call the house number which is where Maureen left the message.
We were never contacted to be notified that any of our packets were missing documents...the only time we found this out was when I called them to request an update. At which point we did receive a letter of missed items...but only after I had called them days prior and request what info was missing.
We believe that GMAC knew all along that we did not qualify for either one of the plans but chose to tell us only hours before the deadline and on a Federal/State Holiday so we would not have access to the courts to save our home by way of filing the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.
Ms. Slack - I know that at this time we can not afford the home. I am not naive to that. All I am asking or was asking for was a delay in the auction....in order to see if I did get the job. 2-4 weeks tops! I am not sure why waiting another couple weeks would hurt them or their investors. (GNMA) If I don't get the job...then we move on. At least I know I had the option and can tell my children we tried.
More Reviews on GMAC Mortgage: