Travelocity Complaint - TRAVELOCITY Price Guarantee is a joke!
I booked a roundtrip air and hotel package for my daughter on January 21, 2010 at a price of $1420.77. On February 16, 2010 I returned to the Travelocity website to check recent prices and found that the identical trip was now selling for only $1308.73. I figured this was a slam-dunk case for their “Price Guarantee”, but to my surprise it wasn’t! It seems that in the fine print they have numerous dates that your trip must fit within, so be forewarned to read ALL their fine print prior to feeling warm and fuzzy about the trip you just booked.
Below you will find a Copy/Paste of their infamous “Price Guarantee” take directly from their website on (Feb. 21,2010) the date this is being posted:
TRAVELOCITY PRICE and SERVICE GUARANTEE
Terms and conditions:
WHAT IS THE TRAVELOCITY PRICE AND SERVICE GUARANTEE?
1. The Travelocity Price and Service Guarantee ("Price and Service Guarantee") is available to travelers who have booked travel on Travelocity.com ("Travelocity") on or after August 25, 2006.
2. For a prepaid "Good Buy" Hotel (excluding Top Secret Hotels) and Vacation Packages (such as Flight + Hotel, excluding Last Minute Packages) if you find a Qualifying Lower Rate up until the day before check in, we will provide you with the following per booking:
• For bookings made by March 22, 2010 with departure date by April 30, 2010: One $50 Promo Code for a future "Good Buy" Hotel or Flight + Hotel vacation package (excluding Last Minute Packages) booking on Travelocity and
• A refund of the difference between the price you paid through Travelocity and the Qualifying Lower Rate up to $500 per booking.
3. For Flights, Top Secret Hotels, non-prepaid Hotels, Cars, Cruises, Last Minute Packages, and Activities, if you find a Qualifying Lower Rate within twenty-four (24) hours of your booking, we will provide you with the following per booking:
• One $50 Promo Code for a future "Good Buy" Hotel or Flight + Hotel vacation package (excluding Last Minute Packages) booking on Travelocity and
• A refund of the difference between the price you paid through Travelocity and the Qualifying Lower Rate.
4. Customers must opt-in to receive e-mails from Travelocity in order to take advantage of select promotional offers.
A Qualifying Lower Rate is a lower rate found on Travelocity or another U. S.-based Web site that satisfies the requirements of these Terms and Conditions, as determined by Travelocity in its sole discretion.
Please refer to item #2 in the “Price Guarantee”. My daughter’s trip has a scheduled departure date of June 5, 2010 so I realized that I wasn’t deserving of the $50 Promo Code. The next bullet though, which clearly has no date stipulations, states that I should receive the difference between the price I paid and the lower rate.
Judge for yourself, but I feel that I was mislead and done an injustice. Next time I choose to travel it will not be through Travelocity.com!
More Reviews on Travelocity: