Commerce Bank NA (KS/MO) Complaint - Avoid Commerce Bank NA (KS/MO)
MISSOURI -- I have banked with Commerce for well over a decade. In the last two years, however, their service has deteriorated to the point where I fired them and went with US Bank.
1. Good luck finding a live knowledgeable person when you call the customer service 800 number. After jumping through multiple hoops, you will eventually reach one. I suggest calling twice if you want to compare what you are told. If you have lots of time, three times is even better.
2. The ATM card they gave me worked at every ATM in St Louis and surrounding areas.... but not at any of the five Commerce Bank locations I went to. You can imagine how much I was charged then for transactions. When I requested a new card that would actually work at one of the Commerce ATMs, they sent me a Visa check card.... in my deceased husband's name (he wasn't on my accounts). After multiple attempts (see number 1 above) to reach a live person, I was issued a new ATM card. Oh wait, no... no, it wasn't... it was another dam Visa check card which I specifically stated that I did NOT want. (They charge you $1.50/month for this thing.)
3. I used Bill Pay, alleged to be free, a few times. Oh, it's not free.... I was charged $6.95/month for it. This was reversed when I stomped into a branch and spoke with a VP guy when I cancelled the checking account three weeks ago.
4. But wait, there's more! The VP guy did NOT cancel my account as requested. He just cancelled my ability to look at the account on line. He also did not return my phone calls when the check I was told would be mailed for the balance did not arrive.
5. I ended up cancelling it by writing a check to myself for the balance. I was told by the teller at the drive-up window yesterday: "You can't do that." I said "Give me my money now." She did.
Good-bye Commerce. You will not be missed.