America Car Rental Complaint - Stay Away! They Go By Tulum Car Rental In Cancun
STAY AWAY, AMERICA CAR RENTAL (A.K.A. TULUM CAR RENTAL) www.tulumcarrental.com.mx
I was in Cancun last month and was unfortunate enough to rent a car from America car rental, which calls itself Tulum car rental in the area due to all the bad publicity they have received. They are in the business of scamming people:
1. They are not at Cancun airport, they drive you in a beat up van to some location 10min away. So, once you get there you are pretty much stuck because they won't drive you back to the airport.
2. I reserved a Jeep wrangler but when I got there they gave me a beat up liberty that reeked of cigarette smoke and made all kinds of noises
3. In their website (www.tulumcarrental.com. mx) they say that the fees include insurance, but once I got ther the made me pay an extra $15 a day for it
4. I rented the car for 4 days, when I brought it back they told me that the price originaly quoted was for three days only and that I have to pay for an extra day. I showed the person there all the emails form when I made the reservation but they still didn’t care. Since I was late for my flight I had to leave just to realized when I got back home that they charged my card for one extra day WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZE and at a higher rate than the daily rental rate!
5. I have tried to talk to two people at the organization Javier Eduardo Manrrique (customer service) and Eduardo romero (director of operations). My conversations with them have only made me realize that this is in fact an operation that is based on ripping customers off.
6. On the drive back form the airport in the beater van, there were 3 other customes with similar experiences.
So please stay away from them, they will rip you off and you will leave Cancun with the wrong impression.