P&O, Carnival Complaint - Cruise From Hell
Our long awaited cruise became a nightmare on Pacific Sun. 12Th to 24th February 2010. The first disappointment was the fact we had paid full fare & the ship was full of eastern states people who had paid less than half what we paid, what a rip off. First leg of cruise was ok, then after reaching indonesia everything changed. Some of the wait crew became rude & surly, they lied & said coffee had ran out or machine broke, draft beer run out. One told a diabetic man to put back the brown bread roll he had taken. Food was very poor, almost pure fat in some cases. Before I became ill I did not notice that the female wait person handing out plates was not wearing gloves. Male wait person handing out plates rested his gloved hand on the back of the sanitizing machine,& he was seen to run his hands along the serving area & then point over the meat that was being carved. We also told the maitre de about the hot 'cold meats', & he had them all removed. A lot of passengers were heard to complain to chef/cooks etc., About the poor food, I hope they all write in & complain.
Then we were asked to see your head chef & food & bev. Director. However when we saw them I was not seriously ill, but I was suffering heat exhaustion from the cruel & indifferent attitude of Pacific Sun pursers staff. I told them I would be complaining to Carnival. Our cabin steward had reported no air con in several cabins including ours throughout the day. We started complaining at approx 6-15pm & continued complaining all night. I quickly became more ill & had to listen to lies & excuses from said staff, eg
1. We will not change your cabin just because the air con doesn't work-she knew I was ill & getting worse. She hung up rudely.
2. The ship is metal so the heat comes in ?????
3. One staff admitted air con had been switched off whilst at broome.
4. Male in office said he had reported fault to maintenance twice, when they finally arrived over 5 hours later the manager stated he had only just been told of the problem.
5. Male staff said you can sleep with the door open ???????
6. Finally female night manager came to cabin with main. People & could clearly see I was very ill, she gave us an empty cabin but only for that night.
7. Next day we returned to u169 & b++ packed all our things, whilst doing so we were finally about lunchtime told that we could move to the air con. Cabin we had slept in that night. This was at the very least something useful. When we left the ship at fremantle I was ill & b+++ was also coughing. I was admitted to hospital on the 26th. But due to no beds was given an iv & sent home to my daughters house. Next day my 4 year old grand daughter became ill & was given anti biotics by doctor. I was secreted in a bedroom so I could not pass any more germs on. B+++ was admitted to hospital & kept in, he could not stand up & could barely breathe. I was admitted again by ambulance from a doctors surgery & was so ill they had to put me in the private ward, as there was not any beds. We were both treated for pneumonia & swine flu- with 3 different anti biotics & on iv fluids. We were sent home to my daughters on the Saturday. We were weak & both had bad coughs etc., Whilst we were in hospital both my grandsons became ill. My daughter was extremely worried about us all for nearly 2 weeks, when not in hospital she had to nurse us & protect her children etc., We had to drive home to geraldton today 9th. March & we are still ill. We had to leave our trailer in perth because we deemed it stupid to tow a trailer when not well. The goods I bought b4 the cruise in perth are now sitting in perth, Ikea are couriering my goods at a cost of $70, my new desk etc., Are at my daughters.
This review has been shortened.