XM Satellite Radio Complaint - XM Radio Billing Scam
Please Read If you are about to cancel your XM Satellite Radio subscription.
I don't know you, but I can tell you what will happen next.
1. You will log into your online account to cancel the service, and find out that you MUST call an XM radio representative to cacel a subscription.
2. You will call the 800 number, and give your name, address, and account number to the first customer service representative, who will put you on hold for twenty minutes.
3. The second customer service representative will ask you for the same info you already provided, and ask you WHY you are canceling. You will answer, and be put on hold for another 30 minutes.
4. The next customer service representative will ask you for the same info you already provided, and then ask why you are canceling, and then ask if there is something they can do to keep your business. When you answer no, you wish to cancel, you will be put on hold for another twenty minutes. At this time, the phone will disconnect.
5. You will then repeat steps 2 thru 4, get disconnected again, throw your arms up in the air in disgust and call it a day.
6. One month later, your credit card will be billed again, and you will repeat steps 2 thru 4 again. This time you will be smarter (or so you think) that the representative, and you will tell the first one who answers that you are not going to wait, that you want to cancel your subscription immediately.
7. You will be put on hold for another twenty minutes. When the next person answers, they will try to come up with a payment plan that will meet your needs. You will decline and demand a cancellation. They will tell you they are cancelling your account and that you will receive a cancellation confirmation email.
8. The confirmation email never arrives.
9. One month later, you will be billed again.
10. You make one final telephone call to XM Radio and repeat all steps above. Angry, you resort to ranting on a message board in hopes that somebody will be able to wave a magic wand and make the whole mess go away.
11. When the XM fairy does not show up with the magic wand, you will be forced to cancel the credit card associated with the XM radio account. Of course, this is the one credit card you have the most credit history with, and your credit score goes down the drain.