T-Mobile Complaint - Paying for a Service that I cannot use
I was advised to update my blackberry 8900 using the desktop manager that came with my phone device. The email that I received from Tmobile gave me step by step instructions on how to perform the update. Before I performed the update, I asked the customer service representative if performing this update would delete my contacts or anything else in my phone. She instructed me that so long as I followed the step by step instructions in the email she sent me that I would have no problems, I thanked her and proceeded with the instructions to update my operating system. The entire process took 3 hours and once done, my bbm contacts were all missing. I didn't make it a big deal and just posted on Facebook that ppl should send me a text message with their pin numbers because I lost all of my contacts.
As I started to receive txt messages, I noticed instantly that my phone was not allowing me to respond. I turned off my phone, took out the battery, checked the settings...etc. and still I was unable to txt. I logged onto my Tmobile account to chat with a representative and she instructed me to do all of the things that I just mentioned (in addition to deleting all of my messages)nothing worked. Finally she agreed to send out another device that I could either wait 7 days for or pay an additional 20 bucks to have shipped within 3 days.
I have been a loyal customer with Tmobile for almost 10 years and have not missed one payment or paid a bill late. I would think that because I am paying for a service that I cannot use that waiving the shipping fee so that I could have my device sooner would be a no brainer. It was not.
My contract expires in 3 months and I will be leaving the company...