Casa de Fruta Restaurant Complaint - Food Poisoning at Casa de Fruta Restaurant
SAN BENITO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA -- Sunday April 9th, 2009 I brought a "Kobe Steak Burger" for take-away dinner from Casa de Fruta Restaurant on Hwy 156 in San Benito County, Calif. I wolfed the burger down, not having time to eat all day. The burger didn't taste that good and immediately after, my stomach wanted to return what I'd just eaten. I ignored this thinking I had been piggy, but the following Monday evening I developed the Humdinger of food poisoning, keeping me 'runnin to the border' until 4am.
My anus bled raw from the black toxins purging out my bowel and 24 hours later, my head was still spinning. I have no doubt the burger was the culprit. I ordered it cooked Medium and it appeared properly cooked when I ate it. I believe this restaurant gets its meats prepacked from a supplier, so my guess would be this was where the contamination occurred.
I have had no interest to eat at this place since the worst food poisoning of my life, but if you eat there, think twice before you order the mystery meat burger (if it's really Kobe beef, I'd be very surprised).