Target Informative - Return Policy Reminders
NEBRASKA -- I work at the service desk at Target, and let me remind you of Target's overall return policy.
If you have a receipt:
1. You may return anything within 90 days, along with all packaging. You will ALWAYS be given the price you paid (even though it says you will receive the current clearance price, this is just to 'scare' people off).
2. UNOPENED movies, CDs, DVDs, computer games, etc. can always be returned - no questions asked.
3. If anything from #2 is opened, you may only exchange it for an identical item (per federal copyright law -- same policy applies to all stores across the USA).
4. Some items may be subject to a 15% restocking fee, such as portable DVD players, etc. This will be waived if the item is defective or unopened.
5. Clothing without tags can be returned, as long as it doesn't show signs of wear.
1. We can try "receipt lookup" which scans your credit card, debit card, gift card, or check to determine if the item(s) was purchased within the last 90 days. If this is successful, you will get a refund in the amount you paid for the item(s).
2. If the merchandise is in our system, YOU WILL GET THE LOWEST SALE PRICE: a) if the item is between $0.01-$4.99 CASH REFUND b) between $5.00-$9.99 GIFT CARD REFUND c) above $10.00 GIFT EXCHANGE (See #3 below)
3. A GIFT EXCHANGE is done when an item is valued at above $10. This means that you will be required to exchange the item for any number of items that add up to the value of your return FROM THE SAME DEPARTMENT. So if you return a CD for $15, you can buy a $10 CD and $5 in batteries.
4. If the merchandise isn't in our system, we can give you the number to reach the manufacturer.
NOTE: If you have a GIFT RECEIPT, you will get a GIFT CARD refund.
Any questions, write a response and I will try to answer them under the name "TGTMAN".
Hope this helps! (This is really long, but is only about 1% of what I have to know!!!)