HUNTSVILLE, ARIZONA -- We own a GE Model JVM1631 Spacesaver microwave which was installed by the builder in our new home in early 2000. In October of 2004 the magnetron tube failed and we paid a GE repair person $75.00 to replace the tube. The part itself was under a 9 year warranty, but we paid for labor. It seemed to work fine until December 2004 when burnt odor began coming from the area above the control panel. We also noticed black smut in that same area. We researched the web and found numerous fires involving GE Microwaves. I called GE "consumer no service", but got little help. We have unplugged the unit and are shopping for another. Further research on the web reveals that similar microwaves have started running on their own and caused the fires. In addition, as a side note, two neighbors have had GE microwaves either replaced by GE or extensive repair performed. Don't believe this? Do a web search with the words "GE microwave fires". I'm looking for another microwave by another manufacturer.