NYS Cild Support Processsing Center Complaint - Incompentent personnel

Review by Iamthegoodguy on 2010-06-22
NEW YORK, NEW YORK -- I pay child support through this incompetent agency. I have never been
late with child support, in fact, I have been penailized for paying ahead
of time, but, LAST YEAR WAS THE WORST. I sent in two seaparate payments
for a total of weeks pay, with the respective coupons. They deposited these monies into someelse's account ( I have copies of the cancelled checks) They said IT WAS MY FAULT AND WE HAD A HUGE ARGUMENT ON THE PHONE.
I even wrote them several letters, enclosing copies of the checks. I also
fax copies on two different occasions. I requested a hearing AND WAS DENIED. The mother and child got NO MONEY from the state and they couldn't
afford to buy food. I sent additional monies to them directly, SO THEY
COULD SURVIVE. It is over one year and they are still threatening me with
revocation of my license and other penalities. I complained to 311, BUT,
Comments:2 Replies - Latest reply on 2010-06-22
Posted by BEJ on 2010-06-22:
Do you have to go through this agency? Cannot you not make your payments directly?
Posted by Starlord on 2010-06-22:
BEJ, I got divorced in Arizona, Pinal County, to be exact, and the court orderedpayment of child support and temporary6 spousal maintenance, to be deducted from my salary. For 18 months, the monies were not deducted from my pay, and I spoke to county personnel, the clerk of the court, and the county attorney's office. Each of them stated they did not have the paperwork from the court to make the deductions, so I paid my ex directly, and was wise enough to use money orders. Finally, the County Attorney decided the monies I gave my ex were a gift, and I had to pay the first 18 months payments again. Finally, I talked to my ex and showed her all the payments and MO stubs. She said she needed the money, but that right was right, and went to court with me to get the child support order rescinded as having been paid in full. So, you see the fallacy of paying directly. I was denied my visitation rights, and trying to deal in a civil manner with the CA was impossible, as he claimed I could not prove it was my ex who prevented my visitation.

Your Name:
(displayed with your comment)
Your E-mail:

Your Experience/Advice:
Check spelling

By clicking submit you agree that you have read and accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy.

Note: All comments are reviewed by a moderator before being published. Please be sure to read our guidelines before commenting.