Expedia.com Complaint - Expedia's Failures To Cancel And Refund Tickets
Here is the story:
1. I’ve bought tickets on www.Expedia.com for the flight from Moscow to Novosibirsk scheduled for 06/19/ 2010 ( within Russia). The only reason I’ve bought tickets on Expedia is that I did not want to deal with airline directly.
2. Expedia’s failure N1 – tickets cancellation. On May 26 my plans changed and I called to Expedia to cancel my tickets. On May 26th I was assured that my flight was cancelled and I will get refund within 1-2 weeks. After 2 weeks I still did not get refund and called Expedia on June 10th again to find out what is going on. They assured me about cancellation and advised to call airline. Even though the whole point of doing business with Expedia was to avoid dealing with airline directly, I made this international call to Russia’s local S7 airline to find out that my flight was not cancelled at all. Only after my 3rd call to Expedia on June 10th they actually cancelled my flight and told me that refund will be issued within 1-2 weeks.
3. Expedia’s failure N2 – refund. After a month of waiting for refund I called to Expedia on July 5th to find out where is my money? Expedia’s customer representatives assured me that refund already have been made on June 10th and blamed my Credit Card institution for Delay. Only with help of my Credit card institution I received refund ( which never was issued) back.
4. Expedia’s failure N3 – airline charged money for the cancelled and refunded flight again on 07/15/2010 !!! After my call and email Expedia’s representative assured me that ‘in their system’ status of my flight is ‘fully refunded’ and there is nothing they can help me with. They do not even bother to call airline directly and find out why airline charged me twice for the same tickets.
5. It’s appears to be that Expedia’s system does not reflect actions taken/not taken in reality ( cancellation, refund, other charges) . Only third party institutions (like credit card issuer) can resolve problems created by Expedia, but not Expedia itself. I spent more time dealing with expedia’s failures then I would do with airline directly. I would not recommend to buy air tickets of foreign airlines through Expedia, because of the obvious disconnect between Expedia and vendors.