Continental Airlines Complaint - Departure delay
HOUSTON, TEXAS -- On 7/20/2010 flew in from Richmond on Flight CO2443 to Cleveland
arrived in Cleveland 4:10, departure from Cleveland to Pittsburgh
on flight CO8795 5:45 arriving in Pittsburgh 6:34
1) FIRST announcement plane delay 1/2 hour due to mechanical problem
plane in Erie
2) SECOND announcement plane not ready allow appx another hour
3) THIRD announcement another plane will be flown in for use appx an hour
4) FOURTH announcement plane arrived being fueled will board in 15 minutes
5) FIFTH announcement plane doesn't have a crew
6) SIXTH announcement found a Captain will be appx 2 hours till he arrives
One young lady was visibly upset but not out of control, she had been at the airport six hours and her family have been sitting in Pittsburgh to pick her up was told to calm down or security would be called. After all of this there were several empty seats on a flight leaving 8:30 and she along with the other couple with children and the elderly couple were
placed on this plane. Why couldn't this had been done earlier?
There were five individuals left waiting. We inquired about renting a
car and being reimbursed and driving to Pittsburgh with all five going
together. We were told not possible! We were told that if the plane
didn't leave the gate we would be put up overnight at a hotel. The
plane did take off with only five individuals on. We waited six plus hours
for a 24 minute flight. Do you consider this reasonable, I don't.
Also, I booked through an agency who updated me continuously on my cell
of delays and they were ahead on times than what we were being told at the
gate. If the representative told us 1/2 hour delay, my message was an
hour delay with a departure time. Later the board would announce a time
with the one hour delay.
Unbelievable where is the communication, where is customer consideration,
Would I fly this airline again, NO, would you?