AAA Complaint - AAA's reputation is toast
I called to upgrade a membership while traveling across country to Grande Canyon. I anticipated a delay in up-grade implementation knowing people could exploit the insurer just before a tow, otherwise)
1. My current AAA-issued card says 'member since 2005'. (True!)
2. The operator says I cannot upgrade until 12/31/2010, because they show 'member since 2009' (after putting me on a hold so long they should be billed for my time)
3. They say 'call membership service during the week; regardless, our records show you cannot upgrade until 12/31/10'
4. I refuse to do business with a company that cannot reconcile the information they print on their membership cards (a simple fact like membership start date) AND promotes wasting my time on weekends and while at work.
5. We never use the service, so we've been a cash cow to them for years.
6. What a pity they've been paid through year-end
AAA reputation is toast.