Thermospas Complaint - Poor workmanship, poor service, and non-responsive best describes Thermospas
WALLINGFORD, CONNECTICUT -- I bought a Manhattan model spa from ThermoSpas in late May 2010. I can only sum up my experience with them as poor workmanship, poor customer service, and non-responsive. I would never buy a spa from them again and I hope you will all help me spread the word so that others do not get trapped paying a premium price for a bargain basement spa. Here is what has happened in the less than the two months I’ve had the spa:
1. LED lighting causes the breaker to trip intermittently.
2. Water line had missing clamp causing flood after 15 minutes of use.
3. Blower stopped working because main line from blower to check valve was not cemented in place.
4. Spa initially delivered with used cover.
5. Direction that came with spa lifter were completely wrong and kit was missing parts.
1. Initial service call to get used cover replaced was “lost”.
2. Had hassle getting new cover .
3. Delivery service promised was not provided.
4. The first time I needed service I had to wait 1 week and the service technician never showed.
5. The second and third times I needed service I had to wait 3 weeks for the earliest appointment.
6. On the most recent service visit, the technician didn’t have any of the 3 parts needed to properly diagnose the problem with the LED. He had to order all the parts which he said will take 1-2 weeks. Once I receive the parts I will have to call to set up another appointment which will likely be another 3 weeks.
7. They do not have any “local” service technicians. The ones who have come to my house have driven 4 hours to get here.
1. I initially brought these issues up to my salesperson who said “We take this seriously and someone will get back to you in a few days”. Two months later I’m still waiting.
2. I sent an email to their customer service manager (based on her comment in the blogs I saw) a month after sending my concerns to the salesperson. I never got an acknowledgement from her and it’s been over a month since I sent the email.
3. I sent a snail mail letter to the president of the company and have not gotten any acknowledgement on this either.