Publix Informative - For retail employees....5 things customers do that aggravate me.
So I'm doing some shopping in Publix this morning just picking up some odds and ends when I see something that really bothered me. A little kid around the age of maybe 4 or 5 was playing in the aisle and accidently knocked some merchandise off the shelf onto the floor. The kid's mother sees this, grabs the child, and leaves the aisle to continue shopping, never bothering to even consider picking the stuff up off the floor that her kid just put there. Unbelieveable. Just thought I would share, now onto my list.
5. Customer is just so important that they must do their entire register transaction while talking on their cell phone, never saying a word to the cashier. I especially hate when they take a pause from putting their items on the counter or delay paying because the phone conversation gets sticky or interesting.
4. Customer picks up an item off a shelf, looks at it, decides not to buy it, and puts it back any old place without any concern for those who have to pick up after them. Is it that difficult to put something back where you find it?
3. Customer makes a mess in the restroom. Its rude and its disgusting. Enough said.
2. Customer tries to buy cigarettes, but forgets ID. The cashier, in compliance with federal law, declines the sale, and the customer gives the cashier a hard time. People, if you look young and you want to buy cigarettes....you need to present ID, period. If you forget your ID, that is not the cashier's fault. Do not blame the help for your mistake.
1. Scum bag pays for his food order with food stamps. Right after proceeds to pay cash for a case of beer or carton of cigarettes. I will refrain from vulgarity, but thats the lowest form of retail scum I can think of. Like I would be completely embarrasssed and ashamed to do something like that. If anyone out there can rationalize doing this, please respond.