The Car Store Inc Complaint - The Car Store Inc. Sells Lemon Car "As Is"
STAFFORD, VIRGINIA -- 6/18/2010 -The vehicle was sold to us for my 70 year old mother.
The vehicle was sold as is but we were told that the vehicle was in EXCELLENT condition and would have no problem passing inspection. Upon having the vehicle inspected we learned that
1) The headlights and foglights were not even attached to the car. They were just sitting in the slots - handing there somehow staying in place.
2) Brakeline Cut
3) The cables were being held to the battery by a screw jammed into the positive socket.
4) All 4 tires were worn on the INSIDE
5) distributor cap missing
6) front bumper is not attached. it is just hanging there by two thin wires wrapped to the chassis
7) Axle boots are all torn
8) There are more issues, but I do not have the repair ticket on me at this time.
The above issues were estimated at $2000 to fix, not including some issues such as the lights.
7/17/2010 - Upon discovering this I called The Car store to inform them that I would be filing a complaint. I understood that the vehicle was sold as is, but the issues uncovered were just ridiculous and undisclosed.
I was told at that time (By Bobby) that he would order me new lights for the vehicle, and that he would assist me in getting the other repair items needed at a discounted cost. I decided to let them work with me on the issue.
8/10/2010 - That was almost a month ago. Starting last week I began calling back (my first call was 7/17/2010) to find out what was going on.
I got a mixed match of answers from "they have not come in yet" to "we will call you as soon as they come", and finally - yesterday, Bobby told me that he was waiting for me to call back and tell him to order them. I was then angry.
Today I got a call that they are unable to find the lights anywhere, so I am on my own. and this is just the lights. It does not include all the other issues that were not disclosed. So now I have a lemon car that I can do nothing with without another $2000 worth of issues fixed.