COMWAVE Complaint - Telephone Service
ONTARIO, CANADA -- I switched my home phone line from Rogers to COMWAVE to save money on my telephone bill. This is my personal experience.
1) First Comwave customer service said, I required a router to connect to high seep internet modem which will cost $76.00 and took my credit card # and said other than the extra Router, the Comwave line will work just the Rogers line. But this was not the case. Comwave claimed I would be able to use my normal phone jacks. This was not so. When I called them, they said they did not guarantee it would. I was asked plug every phone straight into the Router. This was just stupid as I have 3 floors and require phones to be on all floors. The CSR suggested running a line from the phone in the basement to the router on the top floor. I asked him if he would have a phone line running across his entire house.
2) Comwave home phone did not support my Home Alarm system run by ADT.
3) Comwave took my phone # from Rogers. When I switched back to
Rogers, Comwave charged me $50.00. This was after they said, I would be able to refund all of my money with in the first month if I was not satisfied with the service.
4) Comwave's line had a lot of noise and was not as clear as a normal home phone line.
5) At one point during the time I had Comwave service, the service went out for about 6 hours.
6) Just 2 weeks, they charged me from my credit card $76.00 +$56.50 but will now only refund $ 50.00 when they receive their router box.
People should be very carefully when you subscribe something like VOIP phones, especially Comwave.