Residential Credit Solutions Complaint - Blindsided
The whirlwind of life and the possiblilty of losing our house became very real three days ago. My husband had been out of work due to an injure in which he had to have surgery on. We were without pay and started to fall behind on our Mortage. We called our company at the time and was told that we could not do anything until he got another job so he finally became gainfully employed in March of 2010. We thought it was a blessing little did we know in the end of all of this it was apparently the downfall or so they say. We had been goin through a modification with the owner of our loan at the time First Franklin and due to a misunderstanding on both ends it was not completed. Then we found out that our loan had been sold to RCS and we had to wait until August 2nd of 2010 before we could do anything about getting current with our mortgage. During this period of course we could not send in partial payments of any kind so we just kept getting farther and farther behind. On August 2nd we called RCS and they told us that our modification would be no problem that we needed to send them all of our information which we did and that they did not have a sale date on our house even though we knew one had been implied for September 2nd, but they told us no there is no sale date not to worry they would get it taken care of and then everything would be current.
I wish that had been the case. We called everyday through August two to three times a day and never heard anything, but everything is fine nothing to worry about. They requested some more papers here and there that I had already sent them but I sent them again. We started to realize a pattern with the company we would call and ask to speak to a supervisor because we could not get our case worker to call us back and they would say "Oh well, we just don't do that here." So it got closer and closer to sale date and still nothing. They said we have plenty of time everything is fine. They did say by this point that they had a sale date and it was just a phone call away to stop, but that there was nothing they could do until the file was complete. So then I sent more papers in that I had already sent several times. We were promised over and over that we would get a phone call back did we no sure didn't.
Then two days before the sale date we called them and they said sorry you are denied because you make to much money, but if you pay $9000.00 dollars everything will be fine. I told them if I had that kind of money we would not be behind we would have already paid it. We have four kids and was given no chance I honestly think they did this just to come down to the wire so we had no options at all and I think that is one of the most unAmerican thing that you can do. We got into contact with a lawyer and they said they could stop the sale so we paid them and with no time to spare they got our sale date pushed back so for now it is ok but we will see what the future holds. We called the company one more time before we called a lawyer to see if they could push the date back to give us time to come up with the money and not only did they tell us no, but they made a comment about our kids and told us that a lawyer was a waste of time that there was nothing they would be able to do.
We still have a huge chanllenge infront of us, but I pity anyone who has to do with this company they are shady and have no concern at all with helping the homeowner I feel like they buy mortgages that are in this situation just so they can foreclose and sell peoples homes shame on them I am sure they would not like anyone to do that to their loved ones. What makes it worse is that had we not called back we never would have known because they were not contacting us. If anyone has the same issues as we did please send us and email at smithsofbrowns@Hotmail.com.