Juniper Bank Complaint - Horrible Service And Beware Of Interest Terms
WILLMINGTON, DELAWARE -- 1. BARCLAYCARD charge compounded interest. They take a daily balance and calculate interest and add it to the balance. Next day balance includes the prior day's interest. Interest is again calculated from the balance and added to the balance.
This is the kind of interest you want to receive on your investment accounts, but not what you want to pay to this credit card company.
2. BARCLAYCARD penalizes you for three months, if the full balance is not paid. "If you do not pay your entire balance by the due date, YOU MUST PAY THE ENTIRE BALANCE BY THE DUE DATE FOR TWO MONTHS IN A ROW TO AGAIN BE ABLE TO AVOID INTEREST ON PURCHASES." Even if you are not late, and even if you pay off the monthly balances on the next two months statements, they stretch out the interest charges.
3. If a minimum payment is late, they charge a LATE FEE AND A PENALTY APR. (Increased interest rate.) The PENALTY APR may continue to apply to new transactions indefinitely, or if "the next six months are paid on time this rate will go down on certain existing transactions."
4. BARCLAYCARD processes your payments in different amounts of time based on whether it is considered CONFORMING OR NON-CONFORMING. CONFORMING ARE POSTED the DATE RECEIVED IF they get it BY 5:OOPM EST. (Otherwise it is posted the following day.
THEY delay processing "non-conforming" payments up to 5 days. PAYMENTS received, not in the envelope and with the coupon provided with the statement, are 'NON-CONFORMING". Using BARCLAY'S definitions, online banking payments are NON-CONFORMING since they go out in the required envelope with the correct coupon.
5. BARCLAYCARD allows 23 days from the account closing date to receive and post a payment. However, mailing time of statement and payment takes 14 days, add 5 days if payment is considered non-conforming. This leaves ONLY 4 DAYS TO GET THAT PAYMENT OUT, from the day the statement is received by mail.
6. This leaves a lot of potential for late payments to be posted and for Barclays Bank/Juniper to impose late fees, and outrageous increased compounded interest penalties! In determining what rate they will charge (Penalty APR) Barclay's Bank includes your credit performance with other creditors.
7. The BARCLAYCARD agreement states:
"We may suspend or close your account ...without prior notice. We may do this at any time for any reason", including if your account becomes inactive.
Why not just don't use the card, but keep it open for emergency or to help with FICO score?
(Higher ratio of available credit to debt raises the score.)
But they might close it due to inactivity.
So it seems BARCLAYCARD/JUNIPER BANK want to keep us in their game, MAKING IT VERY EASY FOR CONSUMERS to make late payments and not be able to pay off balances.
$$$$ LATE FEES, COMPOUNDED INTEREST ON ALL CHARGES AND INCREASED INTEREST RATES 13% UP.
$$$$ HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE- OUTSIDE THE U. S., HEAVY ACCENT, SWEARING THEIR NAME WAS SUSAN, OR SAM, REPEATING THE SAME HOW CAN I HELP YOU, SORRY TO HEAR THAT, SORRY CAN'T REVERSE THE CHARGE, OR CAN'T ANSWER THAT QUESTION, NO SUPERVISOR AVAILABLE, ETC.)
(Had to threaten to report them to the BBB to get unfair late fee reversed.)
IN CONTRAST: DISCOVERCARD HAS THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE. Friendly, helpful, answer the phone quickly, located in U. S., speak English, and seem to really value the customer. Feels like the old fashioned service we used to enjoy in this country. No problem over the 15 years with the card.