Customer Service Everywhere is Lacking Complaint - Customer Service Lacks
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS -- Customer Service is going downhill fast. And I have examples:
1. Why does Target force you to exchange an item from the VERY same department? When the board of directors convene, is this truly a pressing issue to them??
2. Why does my local Marshall's allow their cashiers to wear basketball jerseys and belly shirts, but ask them what an item costs that is not priced and their answer is "I don't know"?
3. Why is it that when I was at Chuck E Cheese with my little one, that when I asked what was on the "italian sub" the cashier responded "I don't know" and stood there waiting for my order? Did she think that "I don't know" sounded yummy and I was going to order 3 of those? (Sidenote: I had to ask her to please find out for me..which she did.)
4. Why is it that when I called my utility company to inform them that I was receiving mail for a former tenant that had passed away, that they said they could not cancel the billing since they had no "proof"? Uhmmmm aren't I paying them for that very same service at the very same address? Wouldn't THAT be the first clue that the person has moved/passed away, etc.?
5. Last BUT NOT LEAST, why is it that when I ordered cable service, I made a total of approx. 15 calls, had my situation "escalated" 5 times in 7 days and to this day, never received a return call back from the "supervisor"?
All I know is that customer service isn't what it used to be. I also know that kids nowadays have no pride in their work. I wasn't the quickest, but I hated to look like a fool so when I was questioned by a customer, I did my best to help them and help myself look good.