Company Response on 12/03/2010:
I have come across the post you made on December 1st, 2010. I regret that you were not completely satisfied with our service. You have stated some concerns that I would like to look into. If you wish to write to me directly at: aaron.d AT Hoteltravel.com, I would be delighted to look into how we could address your case.
In your email, I would need to receive your full name, the email address you used to make your booking, booking confirmation number, optionally if you can provide me with your booking dates and the hotel name as well. With this information I would be able to address each of your points in your complaint and find a solution for you.
You mention that we had told you we sent you an email stating that the booking request was rejected by the hotel, but you were unable to find it. If you would please check your junk mail as the spam filters mail have dumped it into your junk folder.
According to your post, I can tell you made an On Request Booking. I would like to clarify a few points for you with regards to On Request Bookings.
1) The booking you made was On Request, meaning that we needed 24 hours to confirm with the hotel that the room was indeed available, at the requested rate on the requested dates.
2) If the hotel does not have the rooms available at the requested rate or denies the requested special rate we then will ask the hotel for an alternative rate for you.
Our customer service experts also continue to search and offer similar hotels in the same area with the same type of room at the closest possible rate to your requested rate.
This is provided as a free service to you our customer.
3) We do not charge your credit card until a room has been confirmed and accepted by the client (you).
You mention there was no booking, as you may know we provide Live Chat Support 24 hours a day via http://www.hoteltravel.com/ . The Customer Service Experts are there to resolve any issues that may arise.
After a customer receives a confirmation letter via email, we will then send a 2nd email with a voucher attached to it. On the Voucher is an emergency number the customer (you) can call if there is a problem with the booking.
In addition, HotelTravel.com is a genuine website and business with trade and business licenses to operate such a business.
HotelTravel.com has been operating successfully for over 10 years now, and has served millions of customers worldwide. We employ over 300 staff and operate in 8 languages, 24/7. We use the most advanced encryption technology to provide a secure environment for our customers to purchase hotel products online. There is no need to worry about your credit card because we use advanced secure technologies to protect our customer’s data.
Two of those key technologies are (each link will take you to a security certificate validation page of our business identity):
- VeriSign verifies the authenticity of HotelTravel.com, which provides assurance that customers are making a transaction with a reputable company.
- To be allowed to use VeriSign's technology, VeriSign must verify the existence of the business, the ownership of the domain name, and employment status using 2-factor authentication.
- VeriSign's industry-leading authentication procedures undergo rigorous annual independent SAS 70 Type II audits by KPMG (the global accounting and consulting firm) and are WebTrust certified.
- Should you wish to read more information about us, please visit the following link:
In addition, HotelTravel.com is an active member of several highly reputable worldwide travel industry associations such as:
- International Air Transport Association (IATA) / membership number: #96-6 2679 5
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) / membership number: #2123
- Japan Association of Travel Agents (JATA) / membership number: #42776
- Hotel Electronic Distribution Network Association (HEDNA) / membership number: #9630-0
- American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA) / membership number: #900148470
- Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) / membership number: #34/00278
- You can read more on our site at: http://www.hoteltravel.com/network/aboutus.asp
As for your statement of having to replace your credit card. You had nothing to worry about it. We have a secure system that does not allow anyone to see your credit details. Additionally in order to have the recognition and maintain a good standing with the multiple tradenames that certify us we would not be able to do anything malicious with your information.
Furthermore, over the last 10 years, a few million clients have trusted us with their accommodation needs. Each of them are given the opportunity to write some feedback about their stays. This opportunity is only given to travellers who purchased a hotel product with us. This opportunity is not opened to non-clients. Consequently, we have gathered thousands and thousands of customer comments in all 8 languages. Please take the time to look at some of those comments. For instance: http://www.hoteltravel.com/thailand/bangkok/marriott_bangkok.htm#reviews
You might also want to take a look at out Facebook pages, which you will find have many comments and positive feedback from our clients: http://www.facebook.com/HotelTravel
Social Media Manager
Real People | Real Service | Real Choice