Sunbeam Complaint - Heater a fire hazard
We run the Sunbeam heater to take the chill off the master bedroom and have owned it almost a year without any problems. Last night about 3 minutes after I started the heater, I smelled the distinct burnt electrical odor but didn't see any smoke. Out of fear of a fire I turned off, unplugged and transported the heater into an area that had no combustibles. My husband removed the casing and found that the wiring around the switch was burned. I'm glad I was awake and not asleep when the unit shorted.