Subway Informative - A few tips to get you thru your service...
I have been a Subway employee for over a year now. I am prior service military and very good at what I do. I have regular customers that come in to my store everyday and enjoy their sandwich but I must say all these complaints I am reading make me laugh. Some of you speak about the employees like weare dogs. I am not saying that everyone is perfect but this is a shame.
1.When you come in to the store I am required to greet you within 3 seconds. This is not an option for me. So when I take the time to say Welcome to Subway or hey how are you. Be respectful and say hello. Don't just come up to the counter and say I WANT A... I was taught manners and I am sure that at some point you have run across them as well.
2. Your homegirl can wait five seconds for you to order a sub. I had a lady one time tell me "excuse me I'm talking" when I asked her what kind of cheese she wanted on her sub. I didn't come to your car and ask you what you wanted, you came in to me and stepped up to my line. I had a no cell phone sign on my line. Corporate made me take it down. But when it was still up some of you would read it to your friend on the phone. This is a made to order sandwich. I need your full attention. When you ask me for something on your sub paying half attention and I put it on there don't scream at me because you asked for it. And if I were to pull out my phone while making your sub you might get offended because I am not doing my job properly.
3. If you speak to me like I'm a dog, my customer service will lack at some point. I don't come to your work and be completely rude to you and ask for you to take it. I'm human and I expect to be treated with respect. Everyone has a bad day. Ill try and make it better if you don't treat me like gum stuck to your shoe.
4. If you want extra veggies... ASK! It is free of charge. Subway says I am to put 6 olives on your footlong. If you ask for more I can put more. It is much easier for me to put more on than it is for me to take it off. This stands for dressing as well. Without throwing away product I cannot take it off. Ask and you shall receive.
5. Bashing employees... Believe it or not what we do is based on what our higher power tells us to do. We are not incompetent. However when a manager is standing over my shoulder I am not willing to lose my job. Just as you are to your job. My job pays my bills.
6. During tax season when we do our special buy one get one don't ask me why we are out of bread. We are able to bake 24 pieces of bread at a time. Do the math. When I have a line hanging out my door it is impossible for me to keep bread flowing. And if I bake before the day youll complain it is hard. Come on now. The person who designed this is a guy sitting at a desk somewhere who has never made a sub in his life. Dont get mad at me for trying to carry out his wishes.
7. Everyone has something that is not so great about their job. We are not all in food but I had plenty of complaints about the military as well. Be civil to me and I shall be civil to you.
8. Please read the menu before asking me where the $5.00 subs are. They are right in front of you. The don't tell me what my menu says. Turkey is not a 5 dollar sub no matter how many times you tell me it is. If you read the menu while making your selection this saves you and I the arguement at the register when you tell me No turkey is 5.00. I then have to go back to the sign and show you.
I love a lot of my customers but I have had some really unreasonable requests in my time. My job is not what keeps me coming back to work. It is the people that I share a bond with. I do not enjoy the behind the scenes work of scrubbing on my hands and knees because Subway says our stores are to be immaculate at all times. I have customers that tell me how clean my store is. They see how hard my coworkers and I try to keep up. I have customers tell me all the timehow clean my store is. You just have to find the right one and stick with it. We will take care of you if you take care of us!!!