T-Mobile Complaint - My T-Mobile Nightmare
On Dec. 30th, my husband and I decided to get cell phones at T-mobile. We purchased two my touch phones, and signed up for the Flex Account. With the flex account, you pay your first months cell phone service up front. My husband opted for unlimited minutes (and unlimited everything else) I decided I didn't need unlimited minutes. The guy who was selling us the phones said I should get the plan with 1,500 minutes a month (unlimited everything else) he said it was "the best deal they had" at $79.99 a month. While putting everything together, they ran into a jam and called customer care and had me pay for my cell service over the phone. They than took my husbands money for his cell phone service (it was 100 something).
I had a phone number that I wanted ported from my old cell phone service. They said fine, no problem and initiated the request, it would take anywhere from 20 minutes to 24 hours.
24 hours later, when the phone number didn't port over, I called customer care. I found out because the area codes were different from the previous number and the new number, it couldn't be ported over. Apparently the guy at the store must not have been aware? Both area codes are local to my area. They said in order for me to get the number ported, I would have to temporarily change the number to both phones to the matching area code, and than my number would change, because we were on a family plan. My husband had already provided his new number to his multiple business contact. After a lot of arguing, we finally agreed to have it changed...but after I hung up and talked to my husband we realized, we didn't sign up for a family plan. (also they said it would take 24 - 72 hours to be changed).
I called back Customer care to inquire about our account. I was told that they put us under a shared 1500 minutes. I did not want that. My husband uses his phone frequently for business and needed unlimited. It took hours to sort out the mess. The 1500 plan that the guy at the store told me to get, doesn't even exist for an individual plan. At first they wanted to charge us for changing our plan, and made us feel as if we were lying or trying to get over on them. This is 24 hours after buying the phones!! I had the contract right in front of me, that called out both lines, the minutes we were getting and the monthly cost...the same plan they are going to be holding me accountable for, they didn't want to be held accountable for!! They tried to say we paid over 100 for the unlimited plan, and than turned around and changed it to the family plan and paid a second time (who would pay twice without some sort of refund?? and actually the transactions happened in the opposite order) Finally, when they realized we weren't trying to downgrade our plan they fixed it. I ended up having to go with a family plan in the end anyway, as there was one cent difference between a family unlimited plan and two individual plans (one unlimited and one with only 500 minutes...and the 500 minute plan cost the same as the 1500 minute plan they talked me into but didn't exist). Because of all of the issues and trouble, and the fact that my husband didn't want to have to give business contacts a second number in 24 hours, I asked T-Mobile to cancel the request to switch our phone number (which was made only a few hours before). They promised that it was canceled, that would be no problem, we can keep our numbers.
Three days later, I received a text saying they changed our phone numbers. I called T-Mobile and had to explain the whole story so that they would agree to change the numbers back to the original numbers and not charge us the $15 for a number change. (we are still waiting)
Today (Jan 7th) I received a text message while I was at work, saying our phones had been suspended and needed payment. We prepaid for the month, its only been a week. What is going on?? So I called customer care, yet again...and had to tell them the story again of what happened. This time they quickly admitted the error, they reinstated our phones and took the charge back. The customer service representative even notified me that because the phones where temporarily suspended that the numbers were unable to be changed back so she resubmitted the order (another 24 - 72 hours...why does it take so long to change a phone number??) She did say she would call in two days to see if the phone number changed or not. Hopefully it will change back soon!
Now, just a few minutes ago, I received a text saying we have reached our message limit. Neither me nor my husband are big texters but it doesn't matter if we were...we have UNLIMITED text. So I call AGAIN. The guy I talked to seemed to have a lot of trouble understanding my question and just kept saying that we have unlimited text....I would say I know we have unlimited text, but that's why I am calling, because T-Mobile just sent me a text saying that I reached my limit. He just said that must be an error. I am positive, I will be calling back soon because our texts probably won't work. I dread another phone call to customer care!
Their customer care is outsourced in India and there is a bit of a language barrier which is really frustrating when you are trying to explain your issue and the other person isn't understanding.
I can't believe I have had this much trouble within my FIRST week of service. The phones we have are awesome, the prices are good but they have so many technical issues, customer service issues and the guys who sold me the phones were clueless of both the actual plans that T-mobile offered, the fact that my number wouldn't be ported with a different area code (they made the request and were given both numbers from the very start. After this experience I wouldn't recommend them to anyone!!