Dish Network Complaint - Sending False Charges to Collection Agency
HOUSTON -- Just got off the phone *again* with DISH "customer service."
Here's a summary of my experience with them:
1. Cancelled in December 2004 after 3 years of mediocre service and multiple outages every time it rained or was cloudy. In HOUSTON.
2. After calling to correct the address on file (was inadvertently changed to a place I had never lived), box for return equipment was sent again and equipment was returned immediately and recieved by DISH Network on January 12, 2005.
3. No correspondence from DISH whatsoever until a recorded message on my phone April 5 asking me to call DISH about my balance.
4. Called on April 6 to find that they charged an equipment fee of $199.95 plus tax in March 2005 (Note--2 months AFTER equipment was returned.) Agent admitted fee should never have been charged and reversed fee.
5. On April 13, received phone call from ER Solutions Collection Agency trying to collect the owed balance that was transferred to their office on April 9. (Note--3 days AFTER fee was supposed to have been reversed)
6. Called DISH again to find out what was going on. Was told reversal was in process, and it would take a few weeks to clear up. Asked for written evidence that fee was in error and should never have been charged. Told they don't do that.
7. Called the next day to check balance and found that the credit was processed. Asked agent for even a printout of my statements since December (it is their policy not to send bills on cancelled accounts, even when they think the former customer owes them money.) Was told I could only get a statement copy for a $2.00 fee. Refused to pay fee and ended the conversation.
I have written a letter to Mike Kelly, Executive VP of Customer Service, but, since he doesn't answer his emails, (customer service quality apparently works from the top down), I've resorted to posting my horrible saga wherever I can.