Levitz Furniture Corporation Complaint - NIGHTMARE! - Living room furniture
Our entire experience with Levitz furniture can be summed up in one word "NIGHTMARE".
We purchased over $3,000 worth of living room furniture from Levitz on February 26, 2005. As of this date (April 15) we have not received all the furniture and were just told to expect the balance of the furniture on May 20, 2005.
Without going into a lenghtly or extraneous review, the problems can be summed up as follows:
1. Furniture is actually Ashley furniture and could have been purchased locally at Ashley's for less. Also could have avoided the $188 delivery charge by buying locally.
2. Furniture is made in China.
3. Furniture quality is "Fair" at best.
4. We were told the furniture WAS in stock and would be delivered within weeks. The furniture was NOT in stock and the sofa may not be delivered for 3 months.
5. They did NOT show up on the second scheduled Delivery day.
6. Hidden charge (mine was over $300 first year) for insurance with the "No Interest" financing.
7. Furniture (end tables, coffee table, back table, lamps) must be Assembled by customer.
8. Large boxes and very large styrofoam pieces must be disposed of by customer. What a mess!
9. Absolutely NO Customer Support. They will NEVER answer your emails and they will NEVER call you back.
If you buy from Levitz Furniture don't say you weren't warned.