Hobbytron Complaint - This is a total ripoff company!!!
SANTA CLARITA, CALIFORNIA -- DO NOT do business with HobbyTron!!!
THEY DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS. THEY DO NOT REPARE ITEMS. IF YOUR ITEM IS DEFECTIVE OR BROKEN IN SHIPPING, TOUGH LUCK -- YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MONEY.
Here is my experience with this company...
1) I purchased a remote control truck from HobbyTron on 11/27/2010. This was my son's Christmas present so I ordered it well in advance in case any issues came up.
2) I received the truck on 12/6/2010 and followed the directions and charged the battery overnight. I plugged it in and no response what so ever.
3) I called HobbyTron on 12/7/2010 (waited 20 minutes for a human to answer). I asked if they could charge my credit card for another one, let me send this back, and then they could credit my credit card when they received the non-working truck. They said they could not do that. They DO NOT provide refunds. They told me I would have to fill out a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) on their website and I would have to send it back to them to have it fixed and returned. They said there was no way I would get it before Christmas.
4) I filled out a RMA on their website and a few days later I received an e-mail saying they were shipping out a new battery and charger. So, their RMA means nothing to them. They just assumed it was the battery or charger (Even though I told them the battery was warm when charging). I figured we can at least try it...
5) One week passed and no battery or charger in the mail. I called and they said it was "in the process of being shipped". Another week passes and I called. They said "Well, it is coming from oversees so it may take a while". I told them that I would be disputing the charge on my credit card and they HUNG UP ON ME!!!
6) I disputed the charge on my credit card and will have to wait up to two months before it is resolved.
Here is my advice:
1) DO NOT do business with HobbyTron.
2) Go to your local Hobby store and fork out the extra money and get a good remote control car. I did this and paid $185 for an extremely durable car (Traxxas Stampede) and the Hobby store will fix the car if it ever breaks for $30 per hour. That assurance alone was worth it to me. The hobby store people know what sucks and what does not. HobbyTron almost destroyed my son's Christmas, but the local hobby store made him happy...
HobbyTron is a rip-off company!!!