Doubletree Resort/Willow Valley Resort Complaint - Horrible Experience at Willow Valley/Doubletree Resort Lancaster
LANCASTER, PENNSYLVANIA -- We booked a birthday party at the Doubletree/Willow Valley Resort. It was the first and last time I will ever step foot in that place! First of all, the party room was actually in the locker room/bathroom area. It smelled like mold, dirty feet, and chlorine all combined. Our tables were in between the bathroom doors and the video games, so every time a pool guest had to use the bathroom or locker room, they walked through our party dripping wet.
Next, we ordered 5 pizzas and only received 4. The waitress argued with us and stated that we only paid for 4 pizzas. Thank goodness I had my receipt, which showed that we paid for 5 pizzas. We did get our 5th pizza......burnt!
The floor in our party room (locker room) was soaked from hotel guests walking through and we asked if someone could mop it. There were 13 five year olds at the party and we were afraid someone would slip. After "eye rolling" by our waitress, housekeeping came to mop the floor. They were making rude comments the entire time they were mopping (which was about 2-3 minutes).
The jacuzzi was filthy! There were chunks of unidentified objects floating around and the bubbles were brown! When we got out, there was brown grime stuck to our bodies! EWE!
We were very upset about the accommodations that we had. We asked our waitress if there was a customer service representative that we could speak to. She told us since it was the weekend, there was no one that could help us, but feel free to contact the sales department on Monday.
I called the sales department on Monday. She was very rude and informed me that there were more people at the party than what we paid her. I informed her that we paid for 15 kids and only 13 showed up, so I wasn't sure what she meant. The only extra people that were there were the parents of all the five year olds. We actually encouraged the parents to help watch the kids since they were all five year olds! It's a good thing, because the lifeguards were actually standing in the hallway laughing and talking, not even watching the pool area!
I would not recommend this place to ANYONE! Horrible and rude!