Mint.Com Compliment - I got an itch only MINT can scratch
ANYTOWN USA -- Like many of you, I am sick and tired of having a dozen sites to contend with in order to see my account balances and recent transactions. I'm a long time quicken user that recently quit using quicken. Quicken quit scratching my itch but man it still itched.
I stumbled upon a web site called mint.com. Basically mint.com at its heart is an account aggregator. You tell it where your accounts are located and provide your user-id and password then it will retrieve your data from all the different sources and present it to you in a single interface.
GIVE THEM ALL MY PASSWORDS AND USERIDS?? What the heck are you SMOKING STEW? Yeah I know I thought the same as well. I did my research. Mint. Com gets plenty of kudos and I found nothing to indicate they're a security risk. They seem to be just as solid security wise as the banks websites. Also what finally pushed me over the trust ledge is the fact mint.com is a subsidiary of Intuit the same people who own Quicken.
Mint is awesome. It’s the only financial program I’ve ever used that can automatically sync ALL of my accounts behind the scenes even my retirement account which no software ever has been able to touch. Mint is the back scratcher I’ve been desperately seeking for a long time. Here’s some things it scratches:
1. Mint shows current balances for all my accounts.
2. Mint can combine all transactions from all accounts into a single transaction register. Far more useful than most realize.
3. Does a fairly good job categorizing transactions.
4. Gives up-to-date appraisals of your real estate holdings.
5. Real time stock portfolio values.
6. Real time net worth estimate.
7. Awesome iPhone app
8. Real time SMS, EMAIL, and iPhone alerts for conditions such as low balance, bill reminders, available credit, unusual spending, over-budget, interest rate, trade commissions, bank fees, large purchases, large deposits, etc..
9. Tells you instantly your current month’s expenses and income. Lets ya know man am I getting richer or heading for the poor house.
10. Complete set of budgeting tools for those who budget.
11. Best of all NO MANUAL input of transactions!!! Free at last LORD… Free at LAST!
I’ve been using MINT for a couple of weeks. It’s great. It keeps me connected to and informed about my money whether on by computer or iPhone. If you’ve been itching from some financial tracking look into MINT.COM. It just might scratch your itch as it did mine.