DirecTV Informative - Satellite TV Rules You need to know(consumer who got burnt)
1) Every new customer coming to DTV MUST sign a TWO year agreement.
2) If your credit rating is not good you will be paying a deposit fee for every receiver up to $ 300.00
3) If you plan to cancel or terminate your contract early, it will cost 20.00 for every incomplete month do the math.
4) If you gave the agent your credit card at the initial sale, expect your card to be charged should you cancel or terminate your services early....they will not reimburse you for overdraft fees so don't ask. 5) All prices are subject to change at any time even if you are in a contract agreement, that's right it will NEVER go down.
6) You do not need a phone line to get dTV do not let anyone tell you otherwise.
7) After service starts you have 24 hours to cancel the service beyond that you are stuck in a contract for 24 months.
8) At any point you plan to upgrade your equipment to a DVR or HDDVR, understand you are renewing your contract for an additional 24 months.
9) If your equipment is faulty(you didn't break it), and a tech comes out to replace it and you active that receiver, you are renewing your contract for another 24 months.
10) If opt out of the protection plan, and a tech comes out to fix anything expect a charge anywhere between 45-100.00.
11 If you EVER purchase DTV equipment from Bestbuy/Sam'sClub/Costco, might as well buy it from DTV. These are DTV vendors, so yes you are signing a 24 month agreement by purchasing these equipment and yes the equipment MUST BE RETURNED TO DTV.
12. DTV on demand feature requires, an hddvr and broadband cable.
13. DTV's DVR only record/pause/rewind on ONE TV. Remember that
14. If your account is canceled you have 15-20 days top, to return dtv's equipment or else your credit card will be charged for not returning the equipment.