Qwest Complaint - A HUGE Lesson In Customer Service
Hang with me a little - because by the end of this you'll understand why Qwest could tear a page out of Apples customer service handbook!
I ordered an IPad for my son and the engraving was wrong so I called Apple to see what could be done.
"We're sooooooo sorry about the mistake. We realize it's a gift and it should be right". I tried to argue that it was my mistake and was going to offer to pay for the change and he would not let me accept the blame. Here is what he did do.
1) We'll set up a return for you. You won't get it, but if you do, we're mailing you a return label now which you can use to return it to us - at our expense.
2) We'll get the new one expedited right away with the engraving you want.
3) We won't charge your credit card a second time in the meantime - If however I need to I will call you back before we do.
4) We're going to give you a free cover to protect the face for making this mistake - which color would you like. Some colors are not on the website let me tell you what they are.
5) My name is Darren, here is my personal number. Please call me directly if something goes wrong.
6) I'm sorry again for the mistake. We should have gotten this correct the first time.
7) Is there anything else you think I can do?
I hung up almost embarrasssed and think I owe Darren an IPad.
Today I also got two phone calls today from Quest wanting to lower my phone bill and one last week wanting my business back after two years. Here is how the 2nd call went today:
Me. "May I stop you please. I've already spoken to someone earlier today about this and also last week. If you just fax the information to me at the number you just dialed I'll take a look at your rates."
"Are you currently a QWest customer?"
"No, I'm not but if you want to Win me back here is your chance".
"Well I'm calling to lower your rates, so the call you got was from another department. Thank you. Have a nice day Sir". Click! ! !
Can you spot the difference?