Amerikick Hammonton, Octagon Karate Complaint - Overbilling, And Laundry List Of Complaints
I brought my son in for lessons starting about a year ago. He really wanted to do karate so we signed him up at Amerikick in Hammonton NJ. Everything started out great, then after a week things started going wrong. The manager signed us up for a one day a week program, and his father was billed the whole time for the more expensive 2 day a week program. For over five months he was billed twice as much. Individually we both spoke with ownership and management, and were constantly given the run around. His father ended up having to close his account to stop the billing.
Needless to say we stopped attending and I am having a hard time getting my son back into a regular activity. I can’t really blame him, when you see your friends who started after you get stripes and belts, and sensei always ‘forgets’ what do you expect.
The billing was the main reason we quit, but had I known any following I would never had signed up.
1. Classes would start late or be canceled
2. Very high turnover rate. It seems they only can keep an instructor for about two months. My son has had 4 different teachers in less than a year. I am very particular who I allow to be around my child.
3. Promised credit for overbilling… Guy that promised it left abruptly, the owners explained that he was “robbing them blind” and it’s being worked on.
4. Arrived early one day to see Instructors/ management rushing in from the back door area. I know what they smelled like, and they proceeded to avoid us until they “freshened up”. I’m not going to point any fingers but they definitely acted and smelled as if they were high.
5. Every one there smokes, and I have seen them throw the butt right on the side walk. Not something I want my child picking up (habit or butt).
6. They keep changing they’re name. From Hammonton karate, Amerikick Hammonton, the Octagon. It is now called the Octagon cage?
I am not the only parent who has had a problem with these people. After I started talking about the place people started coming out of the wood work most of them with billing problems. My son is currently trying out baseball for the first time, and I hope he will have a better experience.