General Electric Company Complaint - GE Spectra electric oven caught on fire! Sparked! Burned through element!
My GE Spectra glass top electric range has never given me a problem until tonight! But tonight it could have burned the house down! I was making brownies for my kids' party. I took out the first batch, then closed the oven and turned around to get the second batch to put in. Suddenly I hear loud popping ad zapping, and turn to see giant sparks shooting in my oven! I screamed for the kids to get out of the house and in that moment the inside of the oven had flames! I turned it off and ran to the circuit breakers and threw them off. That put out the firs and stopped the sparking. After it cooled and the smoke cleared, I looked inside and saw that about 6 inches of the element is missing, completely burned away! My oven was clean and well-cared for. I know it has had plenty of use but I can't believe this just happened! Now that I see all these other reviews I am just shocked!