Fox Rent a Car Complaint - Poor customer service & hidden fees
I was told that car was going to be $143.61 per my reservation conformation paper work. At the time I decided to add insurance. Total of bill should have been $203.61 plus tax and fees. I did this for the feeling of safety and to not have any delays on our short trip. I was sold this insurance by being told-even if I get a flat tire they will come give me a new car and I can drive away instead of waiting for it to be repaired. This is why I bought the insurance.
Instead I was scared, unconvinced, and treated rudely by YOUR STAFF.
Then to continue on—after getting home finally instead of a “I am sorry”—
I got charged for $271.12.
This was an unexpected stress and I did not need on my vacation traveling with my family, let alone the extra charges is unacceptable.
1. YOUR CAR died on me in a major intersections leaving us forced to push is out of the way and holding up traffic with my child in the car I was deeply concerned for her safety. When I called your customer service (Pete) department and ask to exchange car they told me I needed to drive another 300 miles to exchange car? I told him what I refused and was scared for my family for it doing this again and he made it clear there was nothing he can do for me I can only trade it in. I was SO UPSET I was in shock and my trip was ruined after this point. This was two scares and all I could do is rush home at this stage out of fear.
2. YOUR CAR oil light came on.
3. YOUR CAR engine light came on.
4. YOUR CAR had no windshield water to clean windshield, which was a danger to me forcing me to again stop and clean the windows and have to put a little water so I was not in danger from bugs hitting window and having no way to clean for clear view or in the event of rain? Did I get an apology from YOUR STAFF, NO instead I got charged.
5. YOUR car had no antenna? Just another reason to be disappointed.