Millennium Alaska Hotel Complaint - Horrible
ANCHORAGE, ALASKA -- This place is horrible.
1) I stayed at this hotel for 7 days and spent twice the money for half the quality of what a 2 star hotel offers. This is definitely not a 3.5 star.
2) The lobby had over 40 stuffed bears, deer and various full sized animals as well as their heads mounted on the walls. The animals and the furniture looked outdated and hideous.
3) When I first arrived at the hotel I was greeted by a woman that “gawked” at me as if she had never seen a human being before in her life. I asked her if I could check in early and she told me check in was 3pm. Then she asked me several times to leave my luggage behind the front desk while I wait in the lobby (I didn’t trust her). I waited until there was a different receptionist at the front desk and she checked me in right away.
4) NO FREE WIRELESS INTERNET in the hotel.
5) The wall paper in the room was peeling.
6) There were stains (looked like red kool aide) all over the tannish beige carpeting in the room where I was staying.
7) The washing machines in the laundry room did not work and the floor was covered with water and wet towels that smelled like sewage and mildew.
8) There was only one soda machine located in the hotel on the 3rd floor.
9) The only way to get ice out of the ice machine was to dig it out with your hands. It was very unsanitary.
10) The comforter on my bed smelled like human waste I suspect it had not been washed in a long time.
11) When I turned on the light in the bathroom the ceiling “heat light and fan” cover fell on my head.
12) There was no HBO or Showtime in my room. The tube TV in the room was low quality and didn’t work very well.
13) There were two gray shuttle vans and both were dinted, filthy, dusty, and had ripped dirty dingy interior carpeting.
14) They have a shuttle to downtown and Diamond center (Costco) but the drivers could never agree on the times that the shuttle ran. When I needed a shuttle they would say the shuttle was NOT running because the times for the shuttle had changed. Every day I was there they would give me a different time that the shuttle would run then when I would show up to take the shuttle they would suggest that I take the bus because the shuttle was not running.
15) I asked to speak to a manager about the shuttle and a guy with dirty janitor clothes told me he was the manager when asked to speak to a different manager a tall sloppy guy with a huge pop belly told me he was the manager. That’s when realized it was a lost cause. The entire time I was there heard the employees complain about how poorly the hotel was managed and how raggedy it was.
16) I do not believe this hotel values their clients.
17) I do not understand why anyone would make a conscious decision to stay at this hotel.