KraftMaid Cabinet Informative - Complaint on KraftMaid Kitchen Cabinets (Masco Corp) Ordered via Home Depot - Kitchen Cabinets
We have sent complaint letters via Certified Mails to both Masco Corporation and Home Depot back on 8/4/08. As of today, we still have not received any responses. The following was what we wrote:
On April 18, 2008, we ordered $7,126 in KraftMaid cabinetry (see attached receipt) from Home Depot - Pearl City #1702. Once all the cabinets were delivered on June 17, 2008, we checked the total cabinets that were delivered. When our contractor started opening the boxes of the cabinets, we then discovered the following issues. In total, there were issues with 11 pieces of cabinetry.
Part Issue Status
1. U242484butt (Pantry Cabinet) right bottom door hinges broke-off, broken screw reMained inside the wood Home Depot advised for contractor to remove the broken screw and reinsert with a bigger screw
2. 4DROT (deep roll out tray for Pantry Cabinet) – 4 units damaged One cracked on the front of the tray, the others all had cracks on both side of the trays Home Depot is sending new replacement
3. BEOS924L (base end open shelf) Bubbles/blisters on the veneer finish on the leg below the bottom shelf Home Depot told me to use the Toe Kick to cover it up. Later Home Depot said they will replace it
4. TFOS92484R.SQT (SQT tall end open shelf) Bubbles/blisters on the veneer finish, along with peeling from top to bottom from the veneer finish. Home Depot is sending new replacement
5. CM8.MS (Crown Molding) one of them was warped Home Depot is sending new replacement
6. 2DFWROT (deep full width tray) – 2 units damaged both of them have some cracks on the side of tray. Home Depot is sending new replacement
7. B36 (36" base cabinet) Crack in bottom of top drawer Home Depot is sending new replacement
While waiting for the new replacement of item 3 & 4, the Silestone countertop installation has to delay for 5 to 6 weeks (because item 3 is the end-unit of the whole cabinet base) This delay have caused us to pay additional fees with my contractor to come back to finishing the installation on item 3 & 4 . In addition, as we do not have a functional kitchen while waiting, my family of four has to eat out every day, which has increased my food costs significantly.
It gets worse. The item 3 was supposed to arrive 8/4. We had asked if it was possible to Fedex to get the item 3 quicker but your installation dept.told me that KraftMaid will not air-freight it unless we are willing to pay the $300 plus tap ourselves. We accepted the ocean shipment method. However, from 7/16/08 till today KraftMaid had sent me item 2, 5, 6 & 7 via Fedex 3 different times and each time has damaged items in it. We are still waiting for more cabinetry but it looks like now there may be additional delays with the shipping mistake.
Frankly, we have been very disappointed with both Home Depot and KraftMaid’s response to addressing the issues we have had with the cabinets. Up until now, we have had very positive experiences with Home Depot (having spent over $14,000 at Home Depot this past four months for our home renovation project!) and have been your very loyal customers.
To resolve the problem, we would appreciate it if Home Depot could provide compensation in the amount of $1,781 which reflects 25% of what we paid for the cabinets and will help us pay the additional costs we are incurring due to the damaged cabinets. KraftMaid's display cabinet in your store said "You Deserve The Best!" – we certainly hope we can find the best possible resolution to this situation.
We look forward to your reply and a resolution to this problem.