Honestly, to those of you that have had problems with your Charter service, I'm sorry. I say that because I am one of the agents that you would possible speak with if you were having problems with your cable or internet. With that being said, I would like you to take into mind that I am only one person of about 17,000 agents that you could possible speak to.
I AM from the US, and do speak English. I have read that many people have issues with people not speaking English but as those of you that have been generous enough to donate to the earthquake or tsunami victims throughout the world, please realize that those are our employees too!
I really wish that each person that has called in with a complaint or issue to our company could work only one month in our daily life. I personally try to be as compassionate and empathetic to every caller I receive, yet understand that some people just don't want to hear it.
If you might be willing to read, this is a normal day of service for a Charter agent:
1. As much as I would love to be able to give you a time that an outage would may resolved, it's really just not possible. I, nor the Charter technitians, are able to prevent them. Granted, sometimes it is a maitenance issue that is being done in the area to repair services, but we cannot control weather-relates issues (such as 49 out of the 50 states getting snow this year,) nor are we able to stop an accident of a vehicle may crash into a fiber line that takes 48 hours to repair. No company is ever perfect but we strive our hardest to give you the best service possible.
2. No one in life (or computer) is perfect. You may call in and speak with the automated system to ask questions about something and get to the incorrect department. Honestly, it happens. When you speak with an agent and tell them what you're calling in about, we're not intentionally trying to avoid you're issue, it's just that we're all trained in different area of specialty. If I'm not the correct agent for you, I'll get you to the right one as soon as possible with the least about of hassle as possible. No program or person is perfect but we do the best that we can.
3. Please keep in mind that on an average day we take anywhere from 30-70 calls per 8 hour shift. During that day it's only one of two things that we're answering the call about; either your cable or your internet is not working. While answering your call there are only so many option that we have to help with. As I said earlier we are specifacally trained per department, and as a call center cable and internet repair agent there is only so much that I'm able to help you with over the phone. I'm aware that when we ask you to unplug a cable box or modem it's typically not conveniant to get to (either being in an entertainment center or searching through many cables connected with your computer.) If there was a way to bypass this option, or to do it for you, we would. Unfortunately this just isn't possible. We only ask you to do this because it genuinely repairs about 80% of the calls that we receive.
4. I completely understand that the automated system may be frustrating, yet yet many customers have their issues resolved while following the steps provided. Granted, in some circumstances an agent is required to resolve issues, the system is in place to over-all assist the customer calling in,
5. While we do provide you, the customer, with cable and internet service, we cannot guarantee that the equipment you used to access those services are going to work. For example, if your television will not turn on, or if your computer has a virus (or the moniter won't power on) unfortunately we may not be able to resolve the problem for you. The same standard applies for third-party routers. If you're able to get online to the internet directly connected to the standard modem, but not able to access your own wireless service in your house, it may be something that you would need to contact the manufacturor about for assistance. we will try to repair any issue you may have with the services and equipment that Charter has provided you with, but some things are just out of our hands.
5. If your services aren't working we will truly try to fix the issue. No one person is expected to pay for a service that they're not getting, but please at least give us a chance to resolve the issue. If you are experiencing an outage or some equipment failure is causing it not to work, call us to let someone help repair the problem. Whether the resolution in sending a technician out or replacing the equipment we can do that for you. However when a person calls in saying that their services haven't been working for the last year, but they's no notes on your account alerting us to the problem, it's difficult to know the accuracy of the statements. It's not the we don't believe you, only that as per any company there must be documentation. As inconveniant it may be for people to take time our of their busy days to call us to state their cable/internet has been intermitten, it's necessary to reciprocrate the compensation you deserve.
In conclusion, we're not robots or droids that have been trained to give a scripted response to answer you. I personally, and the company as a whole strive to give the best customer service possible. Everyone has good and bad days as a whole we do our best. Please keep that in mind next time you call in. Thank you for reading and have a great day.
~~~ A Charter Call Center Agent ~~~