CVS Caremark Pharmacy #1295 in Honolulu, HI is incompetent and abusive to customers
HONOLULU, HAWAII -- CVS Caremark Pharmacy, their prescription mail out “service” and their supposed customer care “service” subjects innocent customers to abusive and, I propose, unlawful behavior that repeatedly puts the health of their customers at great risk. My belief is that if a pharmacy makes a mistake, that it could be the result of an accident or an unintentional oversight. Yet, when dangerous mistakes and poor judgment routinely put the health of customers/patients in great danger, then this is intentional and requires an immediate and drastic reaction to prevent the health and well-being of other customers/patients from being put in jeopardy. I believe the intolerable practices that CVS Caremark Pharmacy has subjected me and my family to should be grounds for immediate withholding of their license to conduct business in the state of Hawaii until such a time that they have proven beyond a reasonable doubt that no other innocent customers will suffer needlessly or have their health and well-being deteriorate as a direct result of their unjustifiable practices. Below are specific examples of the "customer care" I have received by CVS Caremark Pharmacy:
1. Demanding that a customer personally pay for prescriptions that are covered and paid for by their insurance provider and have been paid by such insurance every month for the past 2 years
2. Refusal to talk with or listen to a customer regarding a routine prescription that the pharmacy has not filled on time and such a delay causes the customer to not be able to take her routine, daily, prescribed medications that must never be abruptly stopped (even the pharmacy’s own prescription print outs directs the patient to NOT abruptly stop taking the medication)
3. Refusal to fill a prescription on the grounds that they think the customer’s insurance no longer covers the medication, despite that the customer has vast documentation and her own insurance providers’ confirmation via phone that proves the medication is covered.
4. Not allowing a customer to transfer a prescription to another pharmacy when they have refused to fill the prescription on the grounds that they do not believe it will be covered by insurance
5. Refusal to provide advances of routine, daily, prescribed medications to customers, forcing the customer to abruptly stop taking their routine, daily medications for over 7 days, because the pharmacy’s original fill of the prescription they shipped out a week earlier was lost by the postal service (confirmation of lost package provided by both online tracking and postal service supervisors).
6. Refusal to reprocess a prescription that they incorrectly processed the first time, thereby preventing the customer from receiving their routine, daily medications for an indefinite period of time, as they so choose.
7. Unjustifiable accounting practices that direct pharmacists to withhold medications from customers who have a balance of $30.00 or more on their account, despite the fact that the bill was just sent out by their own billing department, the bill is not even due yet, the customer has not even received the bill, the customer has a 2 year track record of paying their bill on time, if not early and their awareness that the customer should never go a day without this medication and, if she does, her medical condition will become unstable and deteriorate!
The incompetence of their pharmacy techs, their starved for money accounting practices and their inability to apply good and appropriate judgment in the administration of my routine prescriptions and treatment plan during the past year have cost me my health, my relationships with friends, my peace of mind, my ability to care for my family and a great deal of time that I should’ve been focusing on my family when they needed me most, instead of being unnecessarily sick and unable to function. I can make this claim against this pharmacy with absolute confidence because of all the documentation (both theirs and mine), witnesses to their detrimental actions and my past comparative experiences with other competent pharmacies during the past decade while working with my physicians to manage a chronic and serious health condition.
Their overall blatant disregard for the well-being of their customers along with their morally corrupt administration of my prescriptions within the past year has caused me enormous hardship, unnecessary and immense physical suffering resulting in the deterioration of my overall health and well-being, and, need I mention, overwhelming mental anguish. Further, the pain and suffering their intentional and abusive practices have inflicted on me, the sole caregiver of our two, young children stationed far from other family during my husband’s frequent and lengthy wartime deployments, has substantially diminished my ability to be an attentive, focused and nurturing mother to my children when they needed me most! Even my husband was caused to worry about me and my ability to manage our children and home during his wartime deployments, when he had his own life-threatening and immediate issues to contend with.
I share this with you so that you do not have to endure the same suffering that our family has.