EXPEDIA LIES, CHEATS, ONLINE FRAUD AND ATTEMPT TO COMMIT FRAUD. Updated(03-29-07)
I'm running a site (http://www.victimsofexpedia.com/) to alert as many people as I can about how EXPEDIA lies and cheat to customers. Check my site regularly for updates. Read the current status about my case at: http://victimsofexpedia.com/status.htm
My bad experience with EXPEDIA
I have to use also "attempt to commit fraud" because after almost 7 month, with the help of my credit card VISA" I was able at least to recover 1,294.95 U$S that EXPEDIA tried to keep for services that EXPEDIA never provided.
The rest of the document remains the same
PLANNING TO USE EXPEDIA FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP/VACATION?: THINK AGAIN
This is my personal HORRIBLE experience with EXPEDIA (I'll make it short):
If you have a similar case, send me your story at: email@example.com
I bought (online from USA) a roundtrip from Europe to Southamerica. For this trip I needed a paper ticket thar EXPEDIA failed to deliver to me(one ticket was lost and the second they sent me to a wrong address). Anyway, one of their representative, advised me by phone to go to Europe and they will arrange with the airline I get a ticket at the airport. They never did it. I called to EXPEDIA many times from Europe and the airline that I was supposed to travel with also contacted EXPEDIA. EXPEDIA never did anything to solve that problem that EXPEDIA generated and they didn't give me another solution. I had to buy (in Europe)another ticket from a different travel agency and I had to spend 15 extra days in Europe plus one extra week in Southamerica. I've also lost many days at my job. I had lost a lot of money and my trips were useless because I had to use the money I had to solve this problem instead of enjoying my trips. TO MAKE IT SHORT, I WAS ABANDONED IN EUROPE BY EXPEDIA AFTER THEY FAILED TO PROVIDE ME A TICKET I HAD ALREADY PAID WITH MY CREDIT CARD.
Now, after more that 5 months EXPEDIA claims that it was smy fault. EXPEDIA claims that they had put all the information in the airlane system. But when I asked where and when they cannot give me that information. I have documentations showing how many times I called them (and copies of e-mails I sent to them), I also have an e-mail from the airline telling me that EXPEDIA never contacted them and never put on their system the information necessary to issue me new ticket from Europe
This is what EXPEDIA claims in their webpage.
1) If you need support, we're here Expedia.com customer service agents are ready to help you with any Expedia.com travel concerns 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you need help, use our support and feedback form. All e-mail receives a response within 4 hours. You may speak to a representative personally by calling us 24 hours a day at 1 (800) EXPEDIA [ 1 (800) 397-3342] or 1 (404) 728-8787. Agents will address any questions or concerns you may have about your Expedia.com travel planning or purchases.
Well, this was what I get from EXPEDIA
1) EXPEDIAâS supervisors repeatedly gave me wrong information and/or lied to me:
I asked many times by phone for a complete addresses where I could send my case. They promise me three times they will send that information by e-mail but I have never received that information. My e-mail address is working properly, so there was no excuse in that sense.
2) EXPEDIA lies about the product they are selling online
: EXPEDIA promises customer support including fast response by e-mail (within 4 hrs). During the duration of my trip, I had sent e-mails to three different addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, as well as to a web based e-mail at EXPEDIAâS customer support web page) but I never received any answer. This is a form of ONLINE FRAUD.
3) EXPEDIA selectively (and repeatedly) ignored my e-mails
when I was complaining about my ticket and all the problems I had. but they send and answer if I was asking for information about a trip. SO, IF YOU ARE GOING TO TO BUY SOMETHING, THEY WILL ANSWER YOU.
4) EXPEDIA abuses the EXPEDIA-customer relationship:
the continuous silence of EXPEDIA about my case during the duration of my trip was a clear abuse of EXPEDIAâS power since EXPEDIAâs supervisors knew that when I was abroad, I could not do anything else than calling to their customer support or send e-mails to different EXPEDIAâs addresses. In any of the cases, EXPEDIA never tried to solve my problems. EXPEDIA was always asking for things I cannot do from abroad. EXPEDIA knew Iâm was in a foreign country with limited possibility to send information and still did not take care of my case using the e-mail addresses I provided to them.
5) EXPEDIA hides information and MAKES THINGS DIFFICULT FOR YOU WHEN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THEIR SERVICE:
EXPEDIA donât put information in its web page about how to submit information to the right place. WHEN I WAS ABROAD THEY TOLD ME THAT THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN PUT A COMPLAIN IS BY SENDING A LETTER (NOT BY E-MAIL). THEY ASKED ME FOR ALL RECEIPTS, OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REIMBURSE ME ANYTHING. EVEN NOW, THEY ARE DENYING ME A PHONE NUMBER OR E-MAIL ADDRESS FROM SOMEONE ON THEIR LEGAL DEPARTMENT. SO< ALL I CAN DO I SEND A LETTER AND WAIT.
6) Irresponsible behavior:
My problems originated by EXPEDIA that were originally easy (and cheap) to solve were and are still getting worse because EXPEDIA did not do to stop. I WAS IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY. ANYTHING COULD HAVE HAPPEN TO ME. Iâm still losing money for all these troubles. This was an irresponsible behavior.
7) EXPEDIAâs CUSTOMERS'S SUPPORT IS TOO BAD:
every time I called, I had to talk to a new agent. He or She had to retrieve all the information about my case every time I call EXPEDIA. This cost me considerable expenses in international calls. More important it is probably the reason why different agents are never able to give me right information and fix the original problem generated by losing the first ticket. Nobody has to pay for this inefficient customer support system.
8) EXPEDIA DOES ANYTHING TO DENY ITS RESPONSIBILITY
9)EXPEDIA WILL MALICIOULSY GIVE YOU WRONG INFORMATION
One of the customer specialist at the "Customer Advisory Department" told me if I wanted to pursue this issue I should write to EXPEDIA's "Legal Department". I did it. But I never received any response from the "Legal Department". FInally, this Customer specialist told me later that "Any letters addressed to our legal department, that do not involve pending litigation, are transferred and are replied to by members of our department".
10)EXPEDIA WILL IGNORE YOUR CASE
After that last letter EXPEDIA's never responded my e-mails. So, if you are planning to buy something from EXPEDIA, cross your finger if something goes wrong.
Some advices if you are buying something from EXPEDIA:
- Never believe what EXPEDIA's representative tells to you.
- Record all phone conversations: they say they record the conversations for "quality purposes". They will probably use that recording against you, but If the recordings are for your benefit they would say "Well, we random record conversations" and you will not have any proof of what the agent told to you.
- If you cannot record the conversation, ask them to send an e-mail. In that case you will have later something that can save you from their lies.
- Never send a message using their web based e-mail system. YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY COPY THE MESSAGE YOU SENT TO THEM. Always use your personal e-mail account that allows you to save a copy of the message you have sent to EXPEDIA.
- If you have a similar case or if you are unsatisfied with EXPEDIA's service send me your case. I'm collecting many cases to initiate a legal demand against EXPEDIA.COM