Dish TV Complaint - AWFUL! Everything about DISH was AWFUL
PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA -- So many complaints of Dish:
1. NEVER did I have great reception. A light rain or snow...forget about watching television. Never mind the fact I live in a flood prone area and would LOVE to know the weather! The service was awful. Stuck in the house because of ANY type of weather? Forget about watching the television! Isn't that the point? Had the service contract. Why? Didn't do a bit of good!
2. Channels in our original package were dropped. Suddenly and for no reason, they were gone. You could get them again with higher upgrades. If I paid for them in the beginning as was under a contract, then Dish should be too! Bait and switch!
3. Forget customer service. They are rude, they never tell the truth, are full of "run arounds" and can't get a straight answer. Good luck with ANY issues at all. This has to be standard training procedures, sadly. Never had such rude treatment from ANY company!
5. Expect to pay a return fee of over $15. per box. They will send you the box they want the receivers sent back in...then they will charge you for the postage. Says it's in the contract, which it wasn't. When you tell them it wasn't IN the contract, they said they explained about the return fees when you call to cancel service. Of course, that was NEVER mentioned. So, they say they record conversations, but of course, can't access them so as to prove they are lying and the customer IS telling the truth. Pay the fees or they will turn you into collections. Is that customer service at it's best? They lost this customer for LIFE over this issue alone!
6. Monthly fees for the service continuously goes up. Never mind, you are under a contract. Apparently, only the customer is forced to uphold a contract. DISH can do what they please WHEN they please.
My recommendation is to stay far far away from this company. There isn't a reputable person in the company. Try Customer service or yourself and see!
There isn't ANY customer loyalty, appreciation OR helpfulness. It's no wonder people are leaving them in great droves.