Tracfone Wireless Complaint - Long Hold Times and Four Replacement Parts
The problem started three weeks ago. I was having a problem where the contact on my 8 key stopped working, thus making the 8 key unable to function (This was not from any kind of abuse, just a defect). So, my phone was under warranty and I called them to get a replacement phone. The said that they would ship my replacement phone within three to five business days. It took 8 business days. I go to activate my phone and it is all screwed up; the buy airtime feature didn't work, and when I told them about this, they replied "Then just don't use the feature". After activation of the phone I was told to make a test call to a landline phone, and the phone displayed "Max number of call digits reached", no matter how many numbers I entered, I could not make or receive calls.
Then, they had to send me a replacement phone to replace the replacement phone. When I got the replacement phone after a long hassle of obtaining a tracking number, I was told I could not have my original number, , as it was already taken by another customer, however, a call to the number returns an automated message telling me that the number is not in service. This angered me, but I agreed to take another phone number,. I settled for this and they said, "Your phone will be reactivated with the number ***-***-**** as well as the minutes that you have and the service end date". I had 406 minutes and my service end date was in April of 2010. When the phone was activated 30 minutes later, I had a total of 0 minutes and my service end date was 07-15-2008. The number that they issued me was not ***-***-****, but instead ***-***-****.
When I informed them of this they bounced me to 5 different agents and kept me on hold a total of AT LEAST 30 MINUTES total before telling me that they had added the minutes and date and fixed my number. The minutes were added, but the data was not. The number was successfully added, so I thought. When I look at the my phone number option on my phone it reads ***-***-****, however, if I send a text or make a call it comes up ***-***-**** on the caller id, and if you call ***-***-**** it goes straight to a recording telling me the number is not in service. They informed me they would change the number and fix the issue, which left me on the phone for an additional 1hr 30mins just to tell me that they needed to send me a replacement SIM card as they could not change my number over the phone.
I know that they can change my number over the phone without the shipment of a new SIM card because it has been done before. This is ridiculous and they obviously do not value me as a customer.