Direct Buy Auto Warranty Complaint - Beware Of This Company
METUCHEN, NEW JERSEY -- Direct Buy Warranty's lack of professionalism and complete disregard for the customer means CUSTOMER BEWARE.
They took my money, wouldn't honor the claim because it was substantial and then used all the loop holes they could fabricate to keep from paying me.
My transmission had a bad valve body so I contacted Mercedes, their technical staff, and pulled their Technical Specifications and all are in agreement that the transmission is a sealed unit and does not need to be serviced prior to 39k miles......and still they wanted service records and would not fix it. General fluid levels were always kept up....it only had 26k when we bought it.....beautiful car.
From the first day the claim was submitted it is not "how can we help you" ..... it's all about "how can they get out of having to pay for a legitimate claim".......from day one the lies and deceit kept coming.
Here is a list :
1. Told my wife and Mercedes that they would be sending one of their Tech's to look at the vehicle.....never heard back from them and I was forced to call them back.
2. Initially was verbally accused of buying a damaged vehicle and trying to get it repaired at their expense.....this happened repeatedly.
3. I was then told that they do not cover the Valve Body and my claim was denied.
4. Contacted a lawyer and validated the verbiage in their contract implied "all internally lubricated parts" and that the valve body was definitely a lubricated part. This is when they changed their story and now they wanted service records? More lies.
5. At this point they changed their story again and requested service records? I explained that this transmission only requires that you check the fluid level......their is no service required until 39K miles....the car was only at 30k. I even got Mercedes on the phone, but they refused to talk to them. More lies....especially whey they say this was the #1 reason......not true....they kept making stuff up regardless of how I tried to answer their request.
So....picture this....every time I had to call them I received the same run around....someone would ask what was wrong...then they would ask for my service contract #...then they would ask what the problem was.....this would go on for ten minutes.....I would have to ask to talk with a supervisor and they would transfer me to a voice mail and I would not hear back from them again.....NOT ONCE did they call me back.
6. This company is a joke.....once I finally did get hold of someone that supposedly was legitimate, all he did is belittle me...F. Watson (probably not even his real name)....who said he would contact Mercedes and get me on the phone to have a joint conversation about an alternative solution.....do you think I heard back????? Hell no.....I am angry that this type of a fraudulent business is allowed to operate in the United States.
Stay as far away from this company as possible...and let other people know the same.
They are all nice up front...but the minute you have a problem you are screwed.