Sears Carpet cleaning is horrible and a ripoff
ALEXANDRIA,, VIRGINIA -- If you are planning to use Sears Carpet cleaning Services-Alexandra Virginia, PLEASE STOP. Look elsewhere. YOU WILL REGRET IT. This is the worst carpet service you will get. Read reviews others have written to make sure you learn from experiences of others. Do your research and read several reviews before calling them.
(1) When I called they promised a truck mount service but they send in regular cleaning equipment.
(2) They changed my time of arrival based on their schedule rather than agreed time.
(3) They are engaging in a Bait and switch strategy. They will quote you a low price, and once they are in, they will start adding extra areas to inflate your bill. Do not get fooled by their coupons. You will pay at least $100+ on top of their quoted price.
(4) Aggressively ask you to use their expensive deep cleaning $40 to $60 services, even if you do not need it. If you refuse to take their service, they will deliberately not clean your carpet thoroughly implicating that this all they can do with the services you are paying for.
(5) Carpet treatment $50 to $70 even if you do not need.
(6) The so called “blue crew” is better trained by Sears to be aggressive salesman rather than cleaning carpets. They were not professionals as you would expect from Sears. You are paying a premium price for terrible service.
(7) They are always in a rush. They cleaned my 3 bed rooms, a living area, and den in my town home in 30 to 40 minutes minutes. DO NOT EXPECT THEM TO MOVE ANY FURNITURE. They did not even move a single item. For that service look else ware. They did not even clean the closet demanding more money at every step of the way. I could have done a better job renting a carpet cleaner and doing it myself.
(8) If you point out things that they have left out, they keep pointing it out to you the services you did not buy from them. The carpet could have only be cleaned if you were to agree on all the expensive and unnecessary add-ons
Solution: Just complaining and writing reviews is not enough. If you read this review and still called Sears to clean your carpet, follow the guidelines to help you get a fair price and great service you deserve as a consumer.
(1) If you feel that you are pressured and you are taken advantage of, if possible, refuse service. If several of customers do this, I feel they will change their business practice. If we refuse, what can they do? The pressure now is on them to negotiate and provide you with professional service we expect from Sears.
(2) Wait five minutes before you agree to accept and sign any agreement. BE CAREFUL. Leave the room to get your thoughts. DO NOT SIGN. COUNT TO 10. DO NOT AGREE TO ANY THING.
(3) If you feel you are in a time crunch and you need to clean the carpet because you are moving out or in and you do not have extra time, Call the office to complain right away. However, do not be too optimistic that that the management are any different. However, the “blue crew” will be on defensive.
(4) Complain to Better Business Bureau.
(5) Write a review so others can benefit from you experience.
(6) If you have better ideas how to deal with these scumbags, please let others know.
Once again, do not call Sears Carpet Cleaning Service of Alexandria Virginia. Find someone else to clean your carpet.